Maps Navigation update - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Maps Navigation update

Anyone manage to update their navigation? I know its done via a USB stick but i cannot even get to the page to download the actual files... Any help appreciated
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phila View Post
Anyone manage to update their navigation? I know its done via a USB stick but i cannot even get to the page to download the actual files... Any help appreciated
I did not have any problems. It was a big file and took a bit for it to download, but it worked well.

a cheat sheet can be found here - https://jaguar.welcome.naviextras.com/

The actual update link is found here - https://www.jaguar.com/incontrol-glo...p-updates.html

Be sure to select the correct infotainment option: TOUCH PRO AND TOUCH PRO DUO

It then needs to install a installer on your computer and then you can finally download the file to a jump drive.

good luck!
NerdUno and ryzvy like this.

Photon Red FE
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Great...actually pretty dumb of me that i didnt realize i needed a separate account to access this. Got it now, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 02:00 AM

I can't seem to get to a download link even though I am prompted that there is a navigation map update from the vehicle screen. Maybe because I just registered and trying too soon. What I get is the picture which is sort of implying that my system is connected and will download, but then it does not state that anywhere.

Guess I will wait and try in a day or two. At least I am able to log in and the computer synced the favorites that I set up to the vehicle, so that part is connected.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jaguar maps .JPG
Views:	41
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1361  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 02:15 AM

@alphanstein You do NOT do it from the cars browser. You have to do it on your computer, save the file to a USB, and then plug the USB into a specific port when booting the car. Instructions as posted above

Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Photon Red
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 09:14 AM

Has anyone been able to do this from a Mac computer yet?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 09:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
Has anyone been able to do this from a Mac computer yet?
Yes. The download from the site is a dmg with a custom downloaded in it. You’ll need to run that to download to a memory stick
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSlug View Post
Yes. The download from the site is a dmg with a custom downloaded in it. You’ll need to run that to download to a memory stick
FAT32 memory stick >10Gb
On the mac the 'installer' asks you to put in the stick and the download goes directly onto it
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 04:14 PM

The easiest way to do it is as follows:
In your car, register a here.com account
On your computer, go to https://jaguar.here.com, login with the account you registered with your car
Find the Maps & Services link in the bottom right of the page, you will find the updates from there.

Follow the instructions from the website, you will need a USB stick formatted in FAT32 with more than 10G of free space, and either a Windows PC or a Mac
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 11:08 PM

I'm letting my dealer do it (free) while there. Didn't spend north of $90k for OTA functionality to futz around with map updates via computer download and USB stick! Frankly, not even critical since I use iPhone navigation with CarPlay anyway. That said, my loaner I-Pace does have S18D and I noticed yellow, steering-controlled guidelines now display in rear camera when I'm backing up... appears to be an S18D upgrade over S18C?
sciencegeek and LOLTSLA like this.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Santorini Black/Black Window/Grill Trim
Ebony Leather Sport Seats/Suede Headliner
Fully Extended Leather/Ash Wood Trim
Heads-Up Display/Four-Zone Climate
22" 5069 Carbon Wheels/Rubber Mats x5
Delivered 12/22/18

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page