InControl App - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By sflgator
  • 1 Post By WattAJag
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 29
InControl App

I loaded InControl App onto my android phone. Added vehicle to the account and for 4 - 5 days all worked as advertised. On Dec 22 it stopped identifying the vehicle and would not update. I have tried to remove the vehicle from my account, without success.. Has anyone encountered similar issues? I have gone to web portal on my PC and same date so not unique to the app on my phone.
gordondd is offline  
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 09:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 327
I (think I) had a similar problem. I uninstalled the app from my phone and reinstalled it, and when I logged in it was "normal" again.
WattAJag is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 12:11 AM
Senior Member
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: South Florida, USA
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordondd View Post
I loaded InControl App onto my android phone. Added vehicle to the account and for 4 - 5 days all worked as advertised. On Dec 22 it stopped identifying the vehicle and would not update. I have tried to remove the vehicle from my account, without success.. Has anyone encountered similar issues? I have gone to web portal on my PC and same date so not unique to the app on my phone.

Yes. Contact JLR NA and have them open a case for you. Someone will call you back within 48 hours and they can "force remove" your I-Pace from your In Control account and then re-add the vehicle to your account...and it will work again. This exact issue happened to me. They had no explanation as to why it worked fine for 3 weeks and then stopped working. But this solution worked for my I-Pace in my In Control account...my app works again now after they did this for me.
fedorachef and dtgsrq like this.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics
sflgator is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 12:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 327
Good information. Do you have the number (for future reference)?
fedorachef likes this.
WattAJag is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 12:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordondd View Post
I loaded InControl App onto my android phone. Added vehicle to the account and for 4 - 5 days all worked as advertised. On Dec 22 it stopped identifying the vehicle and would not update. I have tried to remove the vehicle from my account, without success.. Has anyone encountered similar issues? I have gone to web portal on my PC and same date so not unique to the app on my phone.
I just noticed an issue with the app when I tried to set a vehicle departure time. Icon spun for a few mins then said unable to update vehicle. I tried again and same message. I then went to the car to set the departure time in the car and to my surprise the departure time was there. So the update went thru, but the mobile app couldn't update. Must be failing when the car tries to send the update back to the app.
fedorachef is online now  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 07:30 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: CT, USA
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
I just noticed an issue with the app when I tried to set a vehicle departure time. Icon spun for a few mins then said unable to update vehicle. I tried again and same message. I then went to the car to set the departure time in the car and to my surprise the departure time was there. So the update went thru, but the mobile app couldn't update. Must be failing when the car tries to send the update back to the app.



heads up: My Android Incontrol App was updated last night to v1.71. I was able to set a departure time easily, without error/spinning icon. Haven't noticed any other changes.

drscott

SE
silicon silver
driver assist
adaptive dynamics/AdSR
HUD
...
drscott is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 07:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by drscott View Post

heads up: My Android Incontrol App was updated last night to v1.71. I was able to set a departure time easily, without error/spinning icon. Haven't noticed any other changes.
Thanks, mine updated two days ago and I do notice some performance improvements, but still some problems. I was able to set a dept time, but not able to cancel/delete it and receive error. My car is at the airport and I'm in Texas so I can't verify if the cancel request actually went thru despite error. Try again tomorrow when I'm back home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190308-064816_1552049545868.png
Views:	30
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	1463  
fedorachef is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome