post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

iPace sales numbers

anyone seen this yet?

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/11/13/...ossover-sales/
McRat and epirali like this.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
Excellent, I am not at all surprised, it is a very compelling car. And they beat all the major luxury car makers to it. Honestly it is so much more compelling that the Audi Etron SUV, and that is saying something.
sciencegeek likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 08:10 PM

Garage
Recent I-Pace sales report - still not huge numbers, but as we've seen other posts - 10% of the global Jaguar sales. The next couple of months might be telling as it took a bit to ramp up last year.

https://insideevs.com/news/375002/ja...eptember-2019/
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 10:02 PM

Advertising almost non-existent, dealers ill-equipped and unmotivated to sell EVs, more competition each quarter... I think absent something dramatic, the 2019 WCOTY will quietly fall off the radar as the press moves on to the new EV releases in 2020. So far, nothing really tops the I-Pace, certainly not across the board in performance, looks, and quality, but as 'yesterday's news' it will slowly fade into relative unimportance. What a shame for such a groundbreaking (and award winning) car.
When JLR releases the EV version of the XJ, maybe it will be a 'shot in the arm' for the I-Pace, as I think JLR will put more advertising dollars behind the electric XJ, driving more prospects into dealerships with an EV mindset. Now if they pull off an F-Type EV, they might have something really exciting! Hard to believe but we're only 5 months from hearing about the 2021 I-Pace and what, if any, new developments will come with the third model year.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
Advertising almost non-existent, dealers ill-equipped and unmotivated to sell EVs, more competition each quarter... I think absent something dramatic, the 2019 WCOTY will quietly fall off the radar as the press moves on to the new EV releases in 2020. So far, nothing really tops the I-Pace, certainly not across the board in performance, looks, and quality, but as 'yesterday's news' it will slowly fade into relative unimportance. What a shame for such a groundbreaking (and award winning) car.
When JLR releases the EV version of the XJ, maybe it will be a 'shot in the arm' for the I-Pace, as I think JLR will put more advertising dollars behind the electric XJ, driving more prospects into dealerships with an EV mindset. Now if they pull off an F-Type EV, they might have something really exciting! Hard to believe but we're only 5 months from hearing about the 2021 I-Pace and what, if any, new developments will come with the third model year.
I have been to at 6 dealerships and none of them have a clue about the I-Pace. They don't even try
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

I agree, it's less about advertising and marketing (though that surely helps) than about the sales floor. If the talented sales guy is clueless about EVs and doesn't even know the difference between fast charging and L2 it's a lost cause ... he won't push the product, quite the opposite, he'll turn people away from the product he doesn't know. It's human nature.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 02:00 AM

The sales person I spoke with by phone, at one local JLR dealership, was so rude that the conversation has become a joke in our household.

Me: I'm interested in the Firenze Red exterior with --
Him: That's a bold statement! You should tone that down and take a look at the [blue or gray, whatever he had in stock]
Me: I've read about the heated windshield on the online forums, and I definitely don't want that option.
Him: You need to learn to think for yourself, Ms. [name], don't believe everything you read on the internet.

I would not buy a floormat from that dude.

There was another local dealership with a nice-but-not-EV-knowledgeable sales person; I could have ordered a custom config with a $5k deposit. That process didn't appeal to me very much because no negotiating leverage.

I ended up monitoring the incoming 2020 USA inventory via the jaguarusa.com website, and when I saw what I wanted I contacted the dealership that had just received it. The sales person who responded to my email was knowledgeable, nice, very helpful, and I think we were both good with the negotiated transaction.

Now my husband likes to tease me when I'm choosing produce in the grocery store or whatever -- "Whoa, that's a bold statement, little lady!" and "You know, you need to learn to think for yourself" :-) . So at least we got jokes out of it.
Dantrium, epirali, dtgsrq and 1 others like this.

2020 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
20" 5-spoke wheels; Firenze Red exterior
Since October 2019
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 06:30 AM

So funny, and sad. Hard to believe there are still salepeople in 2019 operating like that. How does that guy still have a job? I hope you reported him to management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisLatimer View Post
The sales person I spoke with by phone, at one local JLR dealership, was so rude that the conversation has become a joke in our household.

Me: I'm interested in the Firenze Red exterior with --
Him: That's a bold statement! You should tone that down and take a look at the [blue or gray, whatever he had in stock]
Me: I've read about the heated windshield on the online forums, and I definitely don't want that option.
Him: You need to learn to think for yourself, Ms. [name], don't believe everything you read on the internet.

I would not buy a floormat from that dude.

There was another local dealership with a nice-but-not-EV-knowledgeable sales person; I could have ordered a custom config with a $5k deposit. That process didn't appeal to me very much because no negotiating leverage.

I ended up monitoring the incoming 2020 USA inventory via the jaguarusa.com website, and when I saw what I wanted I contacted the dealership that had just received it. The sales person who responded to my email was knowledgeable, nice, very helpful, and I think we were both good with the negotiated transaction.

Now my husband likes to tease me when I'm choosing produce in the grocery store or whatever -- "Whoa, that's a bold statement, little lady!" and "You know, you need to learn to think for yourself" :-) . So at least we got jokes out of it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page