Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Electric adjustable steering wheel

9K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  SabrToothSqrl 
#1 ·
Can anybody confirm that the i-pace does NOT have electrically adjustable steering wheel. From what I can find and the owners manual it would seem not. My dealer said he would think a FE has to but I'm not convinced. Not reviews have mentioned it. I hope it does but...

Cheers

#5 ·
True that the I-Pace steering wheel adjustments are manual (up/down & telescopic)..a little cheap for such an expensive luxury vehicle BUT honestly once you set it, how many times to you adjust it? Like never, so who cares. "Set it and forget it."

#6 ·
Literally every time my wife and I get in the Model 3. Except that it's automatic because I just touch my name on the touch screen.

On my Models S it was keyed to the keyfob. So even easier. Maybe that will come to the 3 someday.

We drive roughly 300 miles/weekend and share duties... although AP handles most of it ;)

Reactions: Dantrium
#11 ·
Being in cold Quebec I much prefer to have a heated steering wheel (Not available on the Model 3) than an electrically adjustable one. But don't worry about the heated steering wheel on the Model 3, I'm sure it will be added next model year. gotta cut costs somewhere. :grin2:

#14 ·
Thanks for the confirmations! It seems to me there must be another reason other than just price but its the second strange decision Jaguar took to me. The lack of 3ph charging is extremely short sighted as most people charge at home and being able to use 3ph (21kw) to do it in 4-5hrs would be huge for me. I think it would help others too. I get not every home has it but if not you're no worse off but expensive cars likely park in expensive homes and they are more likely to have or install 3ph. Just my thoughts of course.

#22 ·
Does it not move out of your way automatically, every time you turn the car on or off? If not, then there's little point in making it electric.

I set mine over 20 years ago and have never had to change the setting. But it's still helpful to have the wheel move automatically every time I enter or exit the driver's seat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.