Bike Rack - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Bike Rack

Does anyone know if there will be an option for a bike rack on the I-Pace? Just placed my order a couple weeks ago and my dealer couldnít tell me if there would be an option. I know there are no rails on top but Tesla got around that on the Model S by placing mounts under some tabs on the roof. Thoughts?
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 10:04 PM
Guy

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 10:23 AM

I was going to say I'm not sure how the dealer is unware of Jaguar branded carriers, when they are listed directly on the website lol. You'll be able to go with either a roof or tailgate configuration depending on your preference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Thatís great news. Thanks for the response. I definitely had tried to search it in the past and couldnít find anything at that time. My sales person was also an idiot so I fired him.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 12:15 AM

Took delivery of my First Edition a week ago. Would love to be able to transport my mountain bikes on the rear cycle carrier accessory... but all the specs, videos and references I can find suggest it can only handle road bikes. Does anyone know if the platform can receive 3" fattie tires? can it accommodate longhorn handlebars? Bonus points if someone can point me to a photo of mountain bikes on rear cycle platform rack...
https://gear.jaguar.com/ie/en/i-pace...e-carrier-rhd/
Part Number: T4K1179
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmillhoff View Post
Took delivery of my First Edition a week ago. Would love to be able to transport my mountain bikes on the rear cycle carrier accessory... but all the specs, videos and references I can find suggest it can only handle road bikes. Does anyone know if the platform can receive 3" fattie tires? can it accommodate longhorn handlebars? Bonus points if someone can point me to a photo of mountain bikes on rear cycle platform rack...
https://gear.jaguar.com/ie/en/i-pace...e-carrier-rhd/
Part Number: T4K1179
I would suggest you will get a greater response by looking at the UK forum as there are quite a few more I-Paces on the road in Europe and I have seen several posts about the bike racks. Although I don’t pay a lot of attention to them as it isn’t an interest of mine.

For what it’s worth, the JLR branded racks are Thule racks badged for Jaguar, so it is very likely you could visit a Thule retailer and find what you need and save money to boot!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I would suggest you will get a greater response by looking at the UK forum as there are quite a few more I-Paces on the road in Europe and I have seen several posts about the bike racks. Although I donít pay a lot of attention to them as it isnít an interest of mine.

For what itís worth, the JLR branded racks are Thule racks badged for Jaguar, so it is very likely you could visit a Thule retailer and find what you need and save money to boot!

Surprisingly, when I bought my XF, the roof rails and bike racks were actually cheaper at the Jaguar dealership than they were at the Thule dealer. Not sure how often that happens, but in this instance, it worked out better for me purchasing through Jag. Always worth shopping around.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Corris Grey 22" Wheels
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 12:06 PM

If you are in the US, there are 3 options for JLR racks. Neither accept heavy bikes like eBikes, but they will accept fat tire bike.

Roof with front wheel removed. (I have this)
Roof with front wheel installed.
Rear mount using recovery hook holes.

In Europe you can get a hitch mount rack, but the US doesn't allow the hitch kit to be sold here.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Last edited by McRat; 04-28-2019 at 12:08 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 05:17 PM

Any idea why no hitch kit for the U.S. market? I have a hitch-mount 3-bike rack I'd love to continue using on my I-Pace. Considering buying from the UK and install here...
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
Any idea why no hitch kit for the U.S. market? I have a hitch-mount 3-bike rack I'd love to continue using on my I-Pace. Considering buying from the UK and install here...
I asked at a Canadian dealer and his response was that the one in the EU does not conform to the regulations here (and I assume they can't or won't come up with a compliant one). Whether that was true or just made up will remain a mystery.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page