Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

UK Delivery Delay

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Snowflake 
#1 ·
Hi all. I’m a UK member. Preordered my I-Pace on launch day. I’ve ordered the First Edition in corris Grey. Really excited to get hold of my car but I’m disappointed by the delay to December. I was originally given a delivery date of September but that extra three months is a huge disappointment. I don’t have a car right now (just moved back to the UK from overseas) so I’m having to rent until the Jag is ready. For me, this is an expensive delay!

I’m also a bit annoyed that my dealer has an I-Pace but isn’t allowed to show it to me or let me drive it! That’s especially frustrating and I find it hard to understand unless there has been a late model revision. Otherwise, as the world’s press have driven the car, why not let the customers at least see it, or (shock horror), test drive it!

I just hope they can stick to the new date at least. I’m super excited by this car, but that large delay has taken the shine off it. So much so that I actually test drove an RS5 the other day! But the Jag is under my skin and I want to at least see it and preferably drive it before I make a decision I may regret later. Wish I at least knew why the delay has happened. If it’s for an improvement then it’s a good thing. If it’s because the cars are going to serve another market, then it’s somewhat annoying.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry to hear that. I'd check with other dealers as well.

In the UK there is a Order Tracker for Jaguar. https://shop.jaguar.com/uk/sales/guest/form/

Pretty sure there is one for the USA, but I don't know where. I called last week and my dealer said USA deliveries are still on schedule (late Sept), but I'd rather see it in writing.

I've had 3 poor ordering experiences. A car was 'lost' by the dealer in transit in 2002. Huh? And I waited for another limited edition car in 2014 which was so late (6 months) that I cancelled. Last was an early reservation for a Tesla Model 3, which was bumped 3 months, then bumped another 3 months, and when I was sure they would not meet schedule (~1 year after start of production), I recently cancelled it.

#4 ·
Sorry to hear about the delays and that your dealer doesn't really seem interested in mitigating some of your frustrations. Unfortunately interest in the I-Pace is way higher than what Jaguar had planned on, and they are having an extremely difficult time in keeping up with all the demand.

#6 ·
Porsche is officially taking money for the Mission E (Taycan). No price, 18-24 months out, $2000 deposit, Porsche owners get serviced first, and 50 per dealer for 2020 deliveries.
That is the news I received from Irvine California last week.

#7 ·
OK, I got my order details from the dealer. Confirmed order with a planned handover date of 26th December! Happy Christmas me! Still disappointed that it slipped from 1st September to that though. Still, at least (thanks to McRat) I found out the questions to ask, and finally got the paperwork to put my mind at ease. Strangely, the Jag website doesn't seem to accept my order details, but the dealer paperwork seems pretty official.

#8 ·
My US order has been pushed back from November to December. Not pleased, but not a huge difference. Hopefully that won't change again. Also hopefully there won't be a 25% tariff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.