Production Jaguar I-Pace May Debut At Frankfurt - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Production Jaguar I-Pace May Debut At Frankfurt

Plenty of details about the all-new Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV has been released before we’ve even set out eyes on its production form. There was the initial concept reveal at the Los Angeles Auto Show last year followed by a number of drive reviews, teasers, spy shots and a new coat of paint for its Geneva appearance.

Now Auto Express claims that the production-spec Jaguar I-Pace will be making its global at September’s Frankfurt Auto Show. Though the publication failed to mention where they received this bit of information from, if it came directly from Jaguar or an anonymous source, the Frankfurt show does fall into the release date provided by the manufacturer.

According to a Jaguar press release from last month, “the Jaguar I-Pace [...] will be revealed in late 2017 and will be on the road in the second half of 2018.”

In terms of styling, Jaguar design chief Ian Callum has mentioned that the concept is about 80 per cent production ready, so the overall design and interior space shouldn’t change much from what we’ve already seen.

Like the bodywork, the I-Pace’s powertrain shouldn’t stray too far from the concept model, meaning performance figures of its two electric motors should be in the neighborhood of 395 hp and 700 Nm of torque. Powering the motors is a 90 kWh battery developed in-house by Jaguar, capable of travelling in excess of 300 miles on a single charge.

For those of who are set on owning a Jaguar I-Pace even before seeing it in all its production-spec splendor, the pre-order books should now be open.
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 11:15 AM

That's not an inaccurate assumption based on what Jaguar has said already and how close to production-ready the concept is. They've even been testing it on the streets of London and not just in a parking garage.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 09:37 PM

But the wait will be a long one since we have another year to go before the I-Pace hits showroom floors. Maybe even longer if there's a high demand for them and you haven't put down a deposit early enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 05:28 PM

We might have some luck in seeing them promote it in some long web series before launch since that's what they did with the Evoque. But I could be wrong. One thing for sure though is they have enough going on to do some web series
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 10:44 AM

Once the I-Pace is unveiled at Frankfurt, I'm sure a lot of potential buyers will find it worth the wait. The concept is already a beauty, tack on a long drive range, fast charging, Jaguar performance and you've got a winner on your hands. I'm willing to wait a year or more.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:32 AM

I wouldn't really say "long" drive range, but pretty decent drive range and perfect for what I'll need it for (city commuting). There is no EV out there that I would consider great for an actual long drive. Rather rent an ICE and call it a day.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:47 AM

Depends on the trips you take, if you want to drive from point a to b in a short amount of time with minimal stops than a ICE vehicle would be better. But if you're going to take your time, sit down for a nice lunch and whatnot, than the I-Pace's estimated 500km range should be more than enough with DC rapid charging.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:44 PM

Lucky for us the I-Pace couldn't come at a better time since now we're seeing the most growth in charging stations, if this was a few years back then I would be more concerned. That will go a long way in supporting the range we get.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 10:32 AM

And with helpful apps like Plugshare and what not, it does make it a lot easier. I guess for me, I find it kind of inconveniencing. Either way I still want one for my city commutes and what not but I won't really be going out far with it. Just not for me in that way I guess?
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 10:52 AM

To each their own and that's why EVs are such great cars, it appeals to those who likes to take leisurely road trips and daily commuters. Heard VW has to invest a lot of money into the charging infrastructure too, so it's a great time for the I-Pace.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page