Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum - View Single Post - Tires supplied on North American models
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 07:58 PM
sflgator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I’ve been buying tires for 40 years. Every brand has ‘good’ and ‘bad’ tires. Not every Michelin tire is the best and not every Goodyear tire is the worst. I’ll withhold judgment on the tires that are on my car until I’ve got a few more miles on them. In my experience, TireRack does a pretty good job of reviewing tires and the user feedback is generally helpful.
Yeah, go look on the Internet for reviews on Michelin Pilot Super Sports and variants. I've had many Pirelli, Falken, GY, Bridgestone, BF GoodRich, Continental, etc. tires on my previous Porsche Macan Turbo, MB AMG, & BMW. My 700HP/TQ GT-R wears only the Michelin Pilot SS now; all others are crap on the GT-R, imho. In fact, after the horrible Bridgestone runflats that came with the GT-R wore out, I switched to the Michelin Pilot SS and never looked back.

The Michelins are the BEST all around tire for sports cars and sports SUVs. The Pirelli's are good but softer, while the Michelins have the best dry AND wet traction as well as longer tread wear. Hopefully you'll have good luck with the GY's on the I-Pace.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

Last edited by sflgator; 11-18-2018 at 08:02 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome