ChargePoint Cable - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By StevenS
  • 1 Post By PS702

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

ChargePoint Cable

Recently purchased 2020 I Pace....installed Chargepoint system in my garage and the cable refused to go into the receptacle on the car. Jaguar blamed Chargepoint and Chargepoint blamed Jaguar. One tech from Chargepoint said they were aware of the problem along with same issue on VW. Tech said Chargepoint was redesigning the cable but would take 3-6 weeks. Chargepoint was very helpful and accommodating and sent a new system. I took out only the cable, plugged it in, and thankfully it worked like a charm.
One tech told me to "muscle" the original plug into the receptacle on the car, but I told him I didn't want to break anything. He said don't worry nothing would break. So I pushed it hard and at the same time pushed up and I finally heard the "click".
Deutsch100 likes this.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 12:29 PM

I own a ChargePoint (Dec 2019) and have never had any issues connecting to my I-Pace (3 different ones, actually, including a loaner and replacement). However, I have visited several Level 2 and DCFC stations and had to "jam" the plug with uncomfortable force to get it to 'click'. Those rubber gaskets at the cable head surrounding the connectors can be VERY tight. No harm in "working them" to get a connection/click, IMHO.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 01:32 PM

I have the CP as well and it works like a charm.
I love everything about it

I had a Juicebox classic which was almost
impossible to remove from the receptacle and it had a very thick cord which made it very difficult to maneuver.
gbillcb likes this.

2019 HSE Ceasium Blue/oyster, 5068 wheels
April 2019 build date
Southern California, USA

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page