• 1 Post By Formerscienceguy
  • 2 Post By ALinSATx
  • 2 Post By Zofran

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Just joined

Hello All-
Just joined, got my I-Pace in mid Dec.
Am really enjoying it, although it has been in the shop for over a week, mainly software update issues.
Look forward to being a part of this community-
Deutsch100 and I-Pace like this.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 11:46 AM

Welcome! Hope your enjoy your car as much as (most of) the rest of us do! lots of great info to be had here.
Deutsch100 likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 12:14 PM

Welcome to our Board! Over a week for Software issues? Wow. Could you please elaborate? Late Dec I had to have 3 software campaigns/actions needed and a recall done and my Jaguar dealer had me in and out in one business day.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply-
Yes I took the vehicle in on Monday morning the 6th.
The issues I took it in for were: back up camera freezing, not staying in high regen mode, car not communicating with the app. HUD display had a smudge on the screen.
I was told all of these but the HUD, were software issues that would be solved by the update.
I called on Wed and was told the software update was in progress and would take 5 hours. On Friday I was told the car was ready. I was informed the smudge was not a defect. I told the service consultant that he was wrong, the smudge was not on the test drive vehicle or any other JAG/Land Rover I had driven.
I am awaiting a reply.
The 3 weeks I had the car I thoroughly enjoyed the vehicle, and am anxiously awaiting it's return.
PS702 and Deutsch100 like this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 12:48 PM

Welcome! Lots of great information in here. If you have a question, there is someone here that has the answer or has gone thru the same.

My dealership seems to always take two days for anything I have done as they do not work on the i-Pace very often. I just always get a loaner car, so no worries here. Helps me to remember how much I miss my car when driving the gas loaner.
PS702 and Deutsch100 like this.

2019 HSE, Silicon Silver, Ebony/Ebony, 20" Gloss Black Wheels, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Heads Up Display, 4 Zone Climate
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 05:59 PM

Had my ipace 1 week and charging stops mid cycle, well before charging is complete. A few times as soon as I locked the car. Any thoughts?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipace View Post
Had my ipace 1 week and charging stops mid cycle, well before charging is complete. A few times as soon as I locked the car. Any thoughts?
Not enough information to provide any useful answers:

1. What do you mean ‘mid-cycle’? Does it stop at 50% state of charge (SOC) every time?
2. Does it happen on L2, L3 or both?
3. Do you use a smart charger so you can tell how many kWh you are putting into the car?
4. Have you ever been able to charge to 100%?
5. Have you had all the updates applied, so you are on the most current software?
6. Do you use WattCat? If so, what does it tell you about your battery (max capacity, etc)?
7. What is the weather like and are you charging outside or inside ? Does it make a difference?
8. Have you tried multiple chargers and it behaves the same on all?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page