First time Jaguar and pure electric owner - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

First time Jaguar and pure electric owner

Hi all! I am coming out of a 2019 BMW i3S Range Extender and into a new 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE.

In 2017 we tried two PHEV (BMW X5 40e and 740e), but we loathed the 4 cylinder engine and sad 10-ish miles of all electric range.

LOVE my 2019 i3S, but it has had continual generator issues from week one, and BMW has bought it back from me Will miss that quirky, little bugger. i3S is a blast to drive.

Anyway, signed the papers yesterday on a brand new HSE I-Pace; Corris Grey with Ebony Windsor leather and Ivory stitching.

Wanted to drive it home yesterday, but all 60+ I-Pace the dealer has in stock ALL need multiple software updates. I was really surprised a brand new car has to go to Service before you can take delivery.

Fingers crossed I get her tomorrow! I have had tons of BMW, MBZ, Range Rover, Porsche, Audi, Rolls, Bentley...but have never owned a Jag. I have always wanted one, but family always talked me out of it. Here's hoping I love it as much as how long I have wanted one
jsimon7777, ryzvy and LauderdaleFE like this.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Corris Grey
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutsch100 View Post
Hi all! I am coming out of a 2019 BMW i3S Range Extender and into a new 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE.

In 2017 we tried two PHEV (BMW X5 40e and 740e), but we loathed the 4 cylinder engine and sad 10-ish miles of all electric range.

LOVE my 2019 i3S, but it has had continual generator issues from week one, and BMW has bought it back from me [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG] Will miss that quirky, little bugger. i3S is a blast to drive.

Anyway, signed the papers yesterday on a brand new HSE I-Pace; Corris Grey with Ebony Windsor leather and Ivory stitching.

Wanted to drive it home yesterday, but all 60+ I-Pace the dealer has in stock ALL need multiple software updates. I was really surprised a brand new car has to go to Service before you can take delivery.

Fingers crossed I get her tomorrow! I have had tons of BMW, MBZ, Range Rover, Porsche, Audi, Rolls, Bentley...but have never owned a Jag. I have always wanted one, but family always talked me out of it. Here's hoping I love it as much as how long I have wanted one [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
Welcome. It is a pretty nice car and this is a great group to help you get familiar with it’s quirks
Deutsch100 likes this.

Last edited by Dantrium; 12-03-2019 at 05:48 AM.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 07:53 PM

Welcome, Deutsch100! Most of us are first time EV owners, I believe. Most are first time Jag owners, too (myself included). Yes, you will learn that like Windows, EVs need constant updates. Shame on the dealer for not having yours ready, though. At least SOTA (software over the air) is now working. Only recently has it gone live for most of us after almost a year of waiting. Not all of the modules can be updated via SOTA, however. In fact, mine is due for some module updates, too, but I'm awaiting a convenient time to drop it off. Runs fantastic if you're fortunate to avoid some of the (fairly rare) extreme issues (battery fault, etc.) that some owners have seen. Enjoy!
Deutsch100 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 01:58 AM

Congrats and welcome to this niche of autos. Be sure and check back in once you've had some time with it to relate your reactions.
Deutsch100 likes this.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 09:43 AM

I'm at the dealer now getting my winter wheels installed. I'm stuck on 19A infotainment software. SOTA not working for me. Asked if it could be installed. Suggested I book a separate appointment as apparently it can take a while to update - he said he's got a car here > a day still updating - not an I-pace though. Process must be more complicated than just updating your phone?
Deutsch100 likes this.

2020 Silicon Silver HSE
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtquan View Post
I'm at the dealer now getting my winter wheels installed. I'm stuck on 19A infotainment software. SOTA not working for me. Asked if it could be installed. Suggested I book a separate appointment as apparently it can take a while to update - he said he's got a car here > a day still updating - not an I-pace though. Process must be more complicated than just updating your phone?
The infotainment is easy and should available OTA. Since yours is not working OTA, I suspect you need additional updates and those can be onerous. It took them nearly 3 full days (according to the dealer) to update all modules in my car
Deutsch100 likes this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
The infotainment is easy and should available OTA. Since yours is not working OTA, I suspect you need additional updates and those can be onerous. It took them nearly 3 full days (according to the dealer) to update all modules in my car
Its so interesting they did all the updates on mine in around 3-4 hours. Ive seen others take days.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
It’s so interesting they did all the updates on mine in around 3-4 hours. I’ve seen others take days.
Two possibilities:

1. My dealers pathfinder system is using a dial-up modem

2. They didn’t update all 30+ modules in your car
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

I am super frustrated and about to cancel my purchase. Although I have signed all paperwork and put the payment down...I have not taken physical delivery of my new I-Pace. Under CA law until I take physical ownership, I can cancel the deal.

I am bummed, but this is a horrible way to start a new car ownership. I could not drive it home on the weekend because multiple software updates had to be performed. I was promised my car Monday morning. Not done. Then promised Monday lunchtime. Not done. Then Monday afternoon. Not done. Then Monday late afternoon. Not done.

I was then promised Tues morning. Not done. Then Tues (today) late morning. Not done. Then Tues lunchtime. NOPE. Updates keep failing. This gives me a pit in my stomach and my gut tells me to walk away

****, I loved the car I found and bought, but I just get this deep gut feeling that I am going to be in and out of the service dept. with software issues. I mean if they cannot even get it right for a car not even delivered......

2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Corris Grey
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 05:16 PM

I bet that if you tell them you are going to cancel the sale, you might get the car faster... It also wouldn't hurt if you'd ask them exactly what updates are the ones being made. It is a great car, I traded in my i3 and it is a completely different animal love my I-Pace.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page