Help! My battery may be bad - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Help! My battery may be bad

Not sure what to do. I just bought an I pace on sunday Nov 10. After charging it overnight in my chargepoint home charger, I can only get it to 91% charge (183 mile range) even though the left side of the screen says charging complete. My dealer has given me a loaner while they try to fix this issue, but after reading all the posts on faulty batteries I am really worried. I cant believe that they didn't figure this out before letting me drive the car home. Any thoughts or suggestions?
thanks,
jon
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear this. Is this a brand new vehicle, and what was the build date? Or was it pre-owned?
If you have a loaner, I suggest some patience initially to let them figure out what's wrong. Just be persistent with seeking answers. Insist on a specific technical explanation for what's wrong, not just some handwaving.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the advice. Yes this was a new 2019 vehicle that had 700 miles (I assume from customer test drives). not sure the build date. Otherwise I absolutely love the car, never driven anything like it. I am hoping that since the vehicle only shows 91% charge and otherwise seems to drive normally they can figure out how to get a full 100% charge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

bump
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 04:07 PM

The build date will show up on the repair order form (at least it does here).

Never make assumptions. I always ask about the mileage on it before purchase. Is it a demo car? Was it used as a courtesy car for local function (e.g. golf tournament)? Courtesy car (loaner) for the dealer? etc. This probably isn't necessary if it has only a few miles on it.

Good luck with them sorting this out.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonking View Post
thanks for the advice. Yes this was a new 2019 vehicle that had 700 miles (I assume from customer test drives). not sure the build date. Otherwise I absolutely love the car, never driven anything like it. I am hoping that since the vehicle only shows 91% charge and otherwise seems to drive normally they can figure out how to get a full 100% charge.
Sorry to hear you also have a battery issue. Maybe it's software in your case? I'm not sure if that is better or worse.

Have you triple checked that you'll be eligible for the tax rebate? I was looking at an iPace with a few hundred miles on it and there was some question over whether it's eligible as a new EV purchase. The leasing company claimed it would not be and I think it depends on how/if they registered it and what the use was.
sciencegeek likes this.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Main battery replaced at 10,000 kms. New battery required repair of 2 of 6 charge control modules. New batter would charge to only 91% and required new software. New battery shows 94% health on WattCat which is worrisome after 1000kms.
[I thought I'd respond to this here to keep the battery poll thread mostly a poll instead of discussion]

What capacity does WattCat show for your new battery?
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

unfortunately I don't have an android, and didn't find wattcat on my Iphone apps. Is there an Iphone equivalent?
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
unfortunately I don't have an android, and didn't find wattcat on my Iphone apps. Is there an Iphone equivalent?
#timbo had the exact problem in that his car would only charge to 91%. I would be surprised if your problem is not the same one he had.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Not to my knowledge ... you might consider sweet-talking a friend or buying a cheap android tablet (or used phone) that has wifi, someone else here has done that with success.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page