Help! My battery may be bad - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Thanks so much, Super Helpful!!! I wonder if my GoM was low (around 301miles) because it recalculated based on my driving behavior? Even though I only had the car for 48 hrs, I did a lot of driving in Dynamic mode...I just couldn't help myself. It appears that this can be reset to factory settings by depressing brake and gas pedals simultaneously for 10 second...? Hopefully my mechanics can figure all this out. I will make sure I don't take delivery of my car unless kWh is at least 84. Thanks again for all the help, I will post again when I find out more information.
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

oh yeah, dynamic mode is divine!
Calidave likes this.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

So finally heard back from JLR, they are recommending replacing the entire battery. As much as it is frustrating waiting another 2 wks, I am glad they are making sure the issue is resolved. I’ll update when I get my car...
Calidave and Varun like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
oh yeah, dynamic mode is divine!
Any updates on your Battery "repair"?
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

Nope, still in the loaner. Probably two more weeks to fix (service tech was on vacation, then sick, then holidays ... etc).
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonking View Post
So finally heard back from JLR, they are recommending replacing the entire battery. As much as it is frustrating waiting another 2 wks, I am glad they are making sure the issue is resolved. I’ll update when I get my car...
Aha, maybe they learned that telling the dealer to fix individual battery cells is idiotic. Case in point: by the time mine is fixed it will have been almost three months at the dealer, triggering a super ripe and yellow lemon law. Not in their interest ... or in anyone's interest except perhaps the dealer's, who is generating revenue with the service.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Aha, maybe they learned that telling the dealer to fix individual battery cells is idiotic. Case in point: by the time mine is fixed it will have been almost three months at the dealer, triggering a super ripe and yellow lemon law. Not in their interest ... or in anyone's interest except perhaps the dealer's, who is generating revenue with the service.
I would be advocating for a new car vs a new battery if I were in your shoes...
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I would advocate this for everyone with a main battery issue. There is exactly zero proof that the car isn't smoking the battery and I'd wager it's a strong possibility. There are safety measures built into the car and I wonder if those of us with bad batteries really have faulty safeguards which lead to extensive & rapid battery degradation. It lines up with some of the limited information we have.

Or it could "just" be a bad battery.

I can tell you for certain that JLR either doesn't know what is causing the battery problem or, if they do, they sure as heck aren't sharing that info. The dealership DEFINITELY doesn't know what is causing it, I'm pretty sure the dealerships would light all of their iPaces on fire if JLR let them.
Calidave and Varun like this.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratedWasabi View Post
I would advocate this for everyone with a main battery issue. There is exactly zero proof that the car isn't smoking the battery and I'd wager it's a strong possibility. There are safety measures built into the car and I wonder if those of us with bad batteries really have faulty safeguards which lead to extensive & rapid battery degradation. It lines up with some of the limited information we have.

I can tell you for certain that JLR either doesn't know what is causing the battery problem or, if they do, they sure as heck aren't sharing that info. The dealership DEFINITELY doesn't know what is causing it, I'm pretty sure the dealerships would light all of their iPaces on fire if JLR let them.
Quote:
Yeah of course. It's legally a lemon so I'm going to have them buy it back (or go the legal route if they don't want to buy it back). That's a negotiation with JLRNA however, so it's a different track that will converge at the dealer only once JLRNA has agreed that it's a lemon. [Also agree with GratedWasabi's post.]
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratedWasabi View Post

Quote:
Yeah of course. It's legally a lemon so I'm going to have them buy it back (or go the legal route if they don't want to buy it back). That's a negotiation with JLRNA however, so it's a different track that will converge at the dealer only once JLRNA has agreed that it's a lemon. [Also agree with GratedWasabi's post.]

Good plan. It would be no different than having a major malfunction , i.e., blown engine in a new car. There is no way I would accept swapping out major components.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page