Chicago! - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Verbow

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Chicago!

Hi all - first day owner (well, corporate leasee) here in Chicago.

It's been an unexpected month. I had my F-Type in for servicing and was talking to my salesman, who mentioned with 6 months left on my F-pace lease I may want to look at the F-Pace SVR. Drove it. Thought it was cool. Saw an I Pace in the showroom and said "What's that?". Test drive - then lease - ensued. Loved it.

I do a daily 9 mile (each way) commute through Chicago city traffic, with an occasional jaunt to the suburbs, so for me the I Pace made a lot of sense. Not to mention tons of fun.

Borasco Gray/black pack with Oyster/ebony interior and black wheels

I'm just beginning the journey to understanding EVs but it's one I'm looking forward to. The drive home was great - Waze on Apple Car Play was really helpful since the screen was so easy to see - and my Chargepoint charger is installed.

I did find the infotainment screen was more laggy then I remember. I've seen some reviews where I've seen the reviewer playing with it and thought to myself "That's not laggy" - but mine seemed sluggish in comparison. Usable - and everything worked - just sluggish, even compared to my outgoing F-Pace.

I was told they updated everything yesterday - that all current software was loaded - and when I got home looked at the software update screen.

InControl touch was 19b. Fabulous.

But the Vehicle Software tab showed NO information about the Telematics or Battery Software version. Nothing was listed next to either, and that had me a little concerned.

1) I'm assuming the dealer will have that info?

2) Is this a known issue?

Still - very excited to have the car. I work tomorrow and am actually looking forward to the commute!
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 10:43 PM

Congrats! What an excellent impulse buy. You clearly understood the merits of the i-Pace right away. It's an amazing car, and I would still buy it again even though I have a bad battery and I'm currently in a crappy (nice) Velar as a loaner. I really miss my i-Pace!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks much! And while it wasn't a TOTAL impulse buy - I took a couple days to some homework - it was a really quick decision. SVR was great - but I just didn't connect with it like I did the I Pace. And for my lifestyle an EV is perfect.

Sucks about your battery. And while Velar interiors are really nice (no doubt it strongly influenced the I Pace), I've heard it's not exactly a drivers car...good luck!
sciencegeek likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 06:52 AM

What dealer did you buy at? I'm flying in to Chicago on Tuesday to pick up our second I Pace. Getting this one at JLR Hinsdale. I love the car, except for the long distance (lack) of good charging options.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbow View Post

But the Vehicle Software tab showed NO information about the Telematics or Battery Software version. Nothing was listed next to either, and that had me a little concerned.

1) I'm assuming the dealer will have that info?

2) Is this a known issue?
Yes, the dealer can hook the car up and see the version installed. Yes it is a known issue that Telematics version has stopped displaying for many, if not most. I am unaware of anyone having a the battery software version display.

I wouldn’t give it a second thought. At the end of the day, knowing what version of software you have doesn’t really matter. If you have any issues with the car, bring it in to get fixed. Besides, those are only 3 of the dozens of different software programs/modules that control the car.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nath_h View Post
What dealer did you buy at? I'm flying in to Chicago on Tuesday to pick up our second I Pace. Getting this one at JLR Hinsdale. I love the car, except for the long distance (lack) of good charging options.
Imperial Motors in Lake Bluff.

Good to hear you like it enough you're repeating! How far back is the drive?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
Yes, the dealer can hook the car up and see the version installed. Yes it is a known issue that Telematics version has stopped displaying for many, if not most. I am unaware of anyone having a the battery software version display.

I wouldn’t give it a second thought. At the end of the day, knowing what version of software you have doesn’t really matter. If you have any issues with the car, bring it in to get fixed. Besides, those are only 3 of the dozens of different software programs/modules that control the car.
Thank you - much appreciated
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbow View Post
Imperial Motors in Lake Bluff.

Good to hear you like it enough you're repeating! How far back is the drive?

Ah yes, I looked at your car online. I live in Des Moines currently, but used to be in the Lake Forest area often. I've bought a few cars next door at Knauz BMW. Enjoy your new car!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page