Fulfilling a vow.... - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 7Likes
  • 7 Post By iMarkEV

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Talking Fulfilling a vow....

At last! After months of watching reviews on YouTube (Bjorn and RichRebuilds), the time was right and I took the plunge to become an EV owner. So far (2 weeks and counting) im Loving it!
In 2004 I bought my first car and only car. I vowed my next car purchase would run on hydrogen. I sorta fulfilled that vow, as hydrogen fuel cells generate electricity to operate the electrical motors, so its semantics that I have an EV without the hydrogen. Still a win!

Its also nostalgic to drive my iPace as in University I was part of a solar car project and raced across Australia and the US with a 5KWH battery pack and 500W solar array.

Glad to be apart of this community and the EV pioneers.

Cheers.
McRat, jsimon7777, epirali and 4 others like this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 05:44 PM

Woohoo, congrats! Nice story about the solar car project!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:07 PM

Welcome iMark! I think you'll find this forum both informative and entertaining. Tell us about your car - color, favorite features, etc. Post photos if you have them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Thank you all for the welcome.

2019 iPace HSE
Silicon Silver, Light Oyster Interior, Carbon Fibre Exterior

Favourite features: (Take into consideration that I've been only been driving my 2004 BMW 325i since I bought it new in May of 2004......)
- Reversing camera and 360 camera!
- Colour Heads Up Display (HUD)
- Audible proximity alarms
- Integrated GPS / Mapping
- Adjustable suspension height

Question: Is Jaguar open to constructive customer feedback and improvement requests? I can imagine they are receiving a lot of comments, but I really like the car and it works well in many areas and the driver experience would benefit greatly by just some minor adjustments.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMarkEV View Post
Question: Is Jaguar open to constructive customer feedback and improvement requests? I can imagine they are receiving a lot of comments, but I really like the car and it works well in many areas and the driver experience would benefit greatly by just some minor adjustments.
I have tried two different ways to provide feedback to JLR. First was through an entity called Jaguar Advisory Board sponsored by Jaguar which sends invitations to join. I posted lots of ideas, many from this forum, and received negative comments from the advisory board manager. It was clear that they were more interested in fluff than serious ideas about the problems many owners have experienced.

The second way was through Jaguar USA customer service. My car experienced so many problems that I was assigned a case manager to discuss the car's issues. I asked to speak to an engineer or someone involved in car design and this never happened. I did email the case manager with a list of problems and recommendations but I never heard back from her.

Perhaps someone else on this forum knows other ways to provide input to Jaguar but my experience has been very negative.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page