Looking forward to being part of a great I-Pace family - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By sciencegeek
  • 1 Post By kkemp

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Looking forward to being part of a great I-Pace family

I just picked up my 2019 I-Pace FE on Friday, and still learning the ropes. It's obvious that the lawyers got involved in the documentation, as I'm reading through the manual: "Commercially-operated, automatic car washes, jet washes, and power-operated mops are not recommended."

So really? I guess we also need a personal assistant to hand wash the car? lol Seriously though, has anyone had any problem with a commercial car wash? (I don't need one yet, but will likely do a coin-operated wash this weekend.)

Thanks in advance, Justin
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 02:34 PM

Awesome, welcome! I just put mine through a car wash because I really don't see myself cleaning this thing by hand all the time, and it was fine. It does accumulate water in the rear hatch spaces, which pours out when you open the hatch. Much like after heavy rain.
JHock likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 04:45 PM

Keep reading that manual - it gets even better! It basically says that the cup holders are not to be used for holding cups...
JHock likes this.

Last edited by kkemp; 07-30-2019 at 04:47 PM. Reason: ad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 07:31 PM

My dealership laughed and just said to do the brushless laser car washes, which I do.

The manual also says to check fluid levels frequently (daily or weekly, I forget) which is a complicated procedure involving removing panels in the frunk. Dealer laughed at that too and said “that’s what the fluid level sensors are for.”

I also loved the part in the manual about driving gently for the first... 3000 miles (yeah, not gonna happen).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page