help me take the plunge - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 04:05 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley_dog View Post
I bought mine (also in the DC - specifically northern VA area) over the weekend... loving it so far. Still getting used to driving with one pedal, and will have a charger installed at home over the weekend. It's our second car, so I can tolerate a bit of inconvenience while learning the kinks of owning an EV, charging infrastructure, etc. But I'm really mostly using the car for commuting, etc. so it's tolerable.

I went the HSE route, so I hear you on the high sticker, but the $7,500 EV credits, etc. definitely are a big +.

Congrats riley_dog! I'm in NoVa as well, hope to see you on the roads sometime!

Blue HSE with 20s. See you in traffic!
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 05:01 PM

Well if you guys see a blue with black wheels in NoVa that is me...
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzvy View Post
@riley_dog Congrats! What color did you get? Maybe I will wave at you while on my daily commute to/from NOVA [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG] I have occasionally seen a grey one on the Dulles Toll Rd and once a white one in Potomac, MD. Message me if you use the EZ Pass and have trouble getting your transponder read at the toll booths. Enjoy your fabulous new vehicle [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
@ryzvy THANK YOU SO MUCH re: the ez-pass transponder not working... I’ve been driving it for 2 days on 267 and haven’t seen the green light flash yet. I have my license plate registered already on the ez-pass website, so I hope they’re catching that as the backup? Is this a long-term problem and/or any workaround you have found?

I’m in the 2019 Santorini Black HSE.

It took me a day, but figured out the charging infrastructure in Reston via ChargePoint and Sema Connect, so the range anxiety feels like it has melted away... especially with free tenant charging at my office complex. Home installer going in this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerscienceguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by riley_dog View Post
I bought mine (also in the DC - specifically northern VA area) over the weekend... loving it so far. Still getting used to driving with one pedal, and will have a charger installed at home over the weekend. It's our second car, so I can tolerate a bit of inconvenience while learning the kinks of owning an EV, charging infrastructure, etc. But I'm really mostly using the car for commuting, etc. so it's tolerable.

I went the HSE route, so I hear you on the high sticker, but the $7,500 EV credits, etc. definitely are a big +.

Congrats riley_dog! I'm in NoVa as well, hope to see you on the roads sometime!

Blue HSE with 20s. See you in traffic! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]
Cheers - will keep my eye out for you... I liked that color as well!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
Well if you guys see a blue with black wheels in NoVa that is me...
Thanks @epirali

Sounds like we have a small NoVA user group started - I’ll be honest, having owned the car for 72 hours, I had my first “OMG, what have I done?!” moment this morning... not I-pace related, but just thinking about ev charging, etc. But then a few hours of free juice at work later, the stress melted away... and man is the car fun to drive.

To the point of the original poster, I’m loving the car so far. My only two quibbles:

1) I don’t like the lane assist / steering option that jerks you back into your lane. I like the rumble when you hit the line, but I found both the force of the rumble and the jerk of the wheel way more extreme than in my wife’s car (2018 Mercedes GLS).

2) The slight screen lag on the backup cam is something to be mindful of... not a huge deal, but you want to be careful if you are doing really tight maneuvering in a parking garage, etc.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone for replying to my post. Definitely some good feedback for me to consider. I’ll be heading back to JLR Bethesda this weekend to see what deal they’ll give me.

P.S. I def have to look up the heated windshield. Curious as to the issue. I’m not sure i would have thought twice about that feature.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 11:40 PM

I haven’t noticed any problems with the windshield, other than it took me a day to realize that my ez-pass has to be mounted in a very specific part of the windshield where the UV treatment isn’t applied or else the readers won’t pick it up. Works like a charm now, but I was completely befuddled until I googled the issue and found the fix.

Hope your experience is good - JLR in Tyson’s was down to only 4 in stock last week, but you still get the sense that the sales people are focused on selling tons of rovers, EVs aren’t doing that much volume and probably far less profitable for the dealership due to the lack of service.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh1029 View Post
Thank you everyone for replying to my post. Definitely some good feedback for me to consider. Ill be heading back to JLR Bethesda this weekend to see what deal theyll give me.

P.S. I def have to look up the heated windshield. Curious as to the issue. Im not sure i would have thought twice about that feature.
I made some comments about the windshield in other posts. Since then. I was careful to compare the amount of glare from the wires to the side windows. I realized that the size of the glare is the same with and without the wires. The difference is that the wires change the appearance of it (so we notice it more), but it is not worse than a regular window from what I can tell.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 11:16 AM

Garage
@riley_dog Apologies, checking the forums after a few days so just saw you message. But it appears that you already resolved your EZ Pass problem You are lucky that your transponder is being read from inside the car. I tried three different ones and the only one that the toll booths appear to be able to read is the one that is mounted outside on the license plate. Did you mount yours in the dotted area to the left of the rear-view mirror (looking from inside)?

HSE | Caesium Blue/Siena Tan | 20" Style 5068 wheels | Received 01/09/2019
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh1029 View Post
Thank you everyone for replying to my post. Definitely some good feedback for me to consider. I’ll be heading back to JLR Bethesda this weekend to see what deal they’ll give me.

P.S. I def have to look up the heated windshield. Curious as to the issue. I’m not sure i would have thought twice about that feature.

I've written TONS of posts on the heated windshield. I didn't think much of it either, just accepted as part of the FE package and didn't even discover the real impact until my first night drive 2 weeks into ownership. (I did, however, ultimately trade in my 2019 FE for a 2020 HSE strictly to get rid of it, since JLR refused to change out the windshield - too much uncertainty of its impact on the electronics.) The impact of the wires on visibility is minimal in daylight. You MUST test drive at night, on busy streets with LOTS of oncoming traffic headlights to contend with, ideally many other bright lights too, and make many left turns on congested streets to really appreciate the impact of the wires (and their associated light diffraction) on night vision and safety. If you have minimal or no expectation of actually using the heated windshield to melt ice and snow, I strongly suggest you avoid it.
epirali likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page