A couple weeks to go.... - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

A couple weeks to go....

In a few weeks my “custom” 2020 ipace will arrive for pickup (model details below). I spent several months researching the car, which included incredibly useful information on this forum. I now await for delivery with both excitement and fear - simply reflecting the pros and cons regularly discussed here.

So my question - besides 37 psi tire pressure, what other items should I include on my delivery checklist for the dealer? What software version should be loaded? Any other advice is welcomed.

Some additional details:
- I ordered the car in April. It was built in May and is currently aboard the Faust. I’m told delivery in mid-August
- I am leaning toward a purchase to collect the $7500 and maybe take advantage of 0% APR (if available)
- My daily use is 30-50 miles, mostly in traffic
- I also regularly head to the NH lake region (90 miles door-to-door, 500’ elevation change, limited charging options today)
- In MA I have installed the Flo X5 (nicer look, plus suckered by the “flexible” cord even in sub-zero temps); in NH Juicebox Pro 40
- My ICEs are a Ford 150 (may hold on to given the ipace “kinks”) and a 911 (not going anywhere)
- I’ve loved Jags since I was a little kid. The motif of the sporty car above was modeled after classic English racers (Jaguars were too boxy when I bought in 2002). My fingers are crossed that I’m not going to be majorly disappointed with he ipace reliability.

2020 Photon Red & black trim HSE / Carbon fiber everywhere / Oyster leather sport seats & interior / Ebony morzine headlining / 20” 5068 / leather heated sports steering wheel
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myipace View Post
In a few weeks my “custom” 2020 ipace will arrive for pickup (model details below). I spent several months researching the car, which included incredibly useful information on this forum. I now await for delivery with both excitement and fear - simply reflecting the pros and cons regularly discussed here.

So my question - besides 37 psi tire pressure, what other items should I include on my delivery checklist for the dealer? What software version should be loaded? Any other advice is welcomed.

Some additional details:
- I ordered the car in April. It was built in May and is currently aboard the Faust. I’m told delivery in mid-August
- I am leaning toward a purchase to collect the $7500 and maybe take advantage of 0% APR (if available)
- My daily use is 30-50 miles, mostly in traffic
- I also regularly head to the NH lake region (90 miles door-to-door, 500’ elevation change, limited charging options today)
- In MA I have installed the Flo X5 (nicer look, plus suckered by the “flexible” cord even in sub-zero temps); in NH Juicebox Pro 40
- My ICEs are a Ford 150 (may hold on to given the ipace “kinks”) and a 911 (not going anywhere)
- I’ve loved Jags since I was a little kid. The motif of the sporty car above was modeled after classic English racers (Jaguars were too boxy when I bought in 2002). My fingers are crossed that I’m not going to be majorly disappointed with he ipace reliability.
Congratulations, you're going to L-O-V-E the I-Pace. The 180mi round trip to NH should be doable on Eco mode, provided you need to blast neither AC or heat. The trickle charger only adds a few mi per hour, but if you're up for the weekend might be worth plugging in overnights. I just got my 2020 last Saturday (however, I've been driving a 2019 FE for 7 mos - see other posts). My 2020 arrived with S_19A and Telematics 16.2 Have them get your InControl app up and running if you can - maybe because I had a prior account I've had some trouble resetting/establishing a new one. Get the rubber mats if you haven't (I grabbed from one of the other showroom cars and let them order replacements) - look good and functional, especially the rear mat which not only keeps the carpet clean, but the rubber keeps items from sliding around back there. Personally, I've removed the trunk partition and stowed in the garage (family dog prefers not to be boxed in).

As for the horror stories, they are much farther and few between than would appear from reading this forum. Don't let a few bad apples scare you away from some great pie coming your way!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 02:28 PM

Sounds like you scoured the forum for useful info and did a lot of research. The one thing I would recommend, given the bugginess of the Windows IoT / JLR software awfulness, is to keep customization to a minimum (i.e., no profiles; just customize the center screen layout without making it a profile); and unless you really really want to have SIM card connectivity for entertainment (which you'll have to pay AT&T for after three months) rip that SIM card out of the center console and don't look back. For the impending SOTA updates use your home wireless. Also, invest in a 240V/50amp circuit at home even if you mostly use the trickle charger. HTH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
Sounds like you scoured the forum for useful info and did a lot of research. The one thing I would recommend, given the bugginess of the Windows IoT / JLR software awfulness, is to keep customization to a minimum (i.e., no profiles; just customize the center screen layout without making it a profile); and unless you really really want to have SIM card connectivity for entertainment (which you'll have to pay AT&T for after three months) rip that SIM card out of the center console and don't look back. For the impending SOTA updates use your home wireless. Also, invest in a 240V/50amp circuit at home even if you mostly use the trickle charger. HTH
The profile is when multiple people use the IPace, walk up to the car with the key and their cell phone, at which point the settings adjust to that person?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
Personally, I've removed the trunk partition and stowed in the garage (family dog prefers not to be boxed in).
I have bumped my head more than once on that trunk partition. I don't blame you for removing.

Jaguar I-Pace SE Borasco Grey Mars Red Interior Clear Bra Ceramic Coat
20" Wheels Mud Flaps Meridian Surround Sound Driver Assist Pack
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

My car has arrived and is being prepared for delivery. This is my current software version - is it the most recent?

S19A-19.11.4330884. The telematics software version 16.2

Is SOTA included, or do I need the dealer to activate?

As for tire pressure, I’m told that 37 psi is recommended for front and 44 psi for back, as going below may trigger a low inflation sensor.

Any other software or setup that I should confirm before pickup? Will add pics soon.

2020 Photon Red & black trim HSE / Carbon fiber everywhere / Oyster leather sport seats & interior / Ebony morzine headlining / 20” 5068 / leather heated sports steering wheel
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM

I'd give it a test drive. Make sure everything works.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM

Quote:
My car has arrived and is being prepared for delivery. This is my current software version - is it the most recent?

As for tire pressure, I’m told that 37 psi is recommended for front and 44 psi for back, as going below may trigger a low inflation sensor.

Any other software or setup that I should confirm before pickup? Will add pics soon.
You are one version behind n Infotainment. Current version is: S19A_19.24.2-375121, which means you are only missing the Apple CarPlay fix, but you should be able to get the update via SOTA. The dealer should not have to activate this now.

On the recommended tire pressures, definitely check the load level option. If you are normally just driving you around, set it to light load and see if you get any different recommendation for tire pressure. As others have said, most the dealers during PDI are not resetting the tire pressure. The shipping tire pressure is about 50lbs PSI, but you don't want to run at that level.

I would go through the Convenience and Safety settings via the Thumbwheel first. You can mess with the other personalization stuff later.
  • I turned off automatic High beam
  • Turned on Automatic Wipers (rain sensor)
  • Toggled a few things related to lane keep assist
  • Set the Units to MPG and MPH
  • Turned on Global Open and Close
  • I have most recently turned off the auto height adjust on entry. It doesn't make that much of a difference for me, and you don't have to deal with the delays when there are some.

Good luck

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM

Quote:

-Jag has been sending emails to owners saying SOTA is coming and theres nothing you need to do, but I would go into settings and ensure that you can press the button that lets you check for updates before leaving the dealership

-The only way to quickly see, and change, the regen level is through the My EV Panel shortcut button. Check to see if it fully loads properly. If it does, you should see shortcut buttons for changing regen between low and high, and changing Creep mode on or off. It the panel doesnt full load, (which it doesnt for many owners), you'll only see an EV Panel header but the buttons will be missing. In this case, the only way to check and change your regen level is going into the My EV settings. If you dont plan on ever changing it then you'll be fine with this bug, but if you're like me and have a spouse that REFUSES to drive the car with regen level on High, then it becomes very tiresome to dig into the settings to check and change the regen level. So if it doesnt load right and you care about that, be sure to address it with the dealership so they can log a ticket for it. The more reports that JLR gets of this issue the more likely they'll be to fix it. My dealer claimed the latest software update fixed it but it didnt, and it still doesnt load most of the time. It's maddening to us, but other people may not care.

-Drive around and play with the climate controls...blast the AC, change the temp...make sure the knobs work and the push/pull functionality works. Make sure it doesnt display temperature in Celcius at some point (a relatively common issue as well).

-Make sure the gauges behind the steering wheel dont show any suspicious messages or errors. On my test drive before taking possession, my gauges displayed a system fault message. I had to give it right back to the dealer.

-As someone else mentioned, dont set up the profiles for the key fobs. They break everything. Also, when you plug in a phone it asks you if it wants you to have it "personalize your experience"...saying yes to this has only given me heartache, so your better off saying now. It'll still work fine with bluetooth connection for calls, music, text messages, etc.

-Bring a cable and test Android Auto and/or Apple Carplay. Load it up, listen to some music, use it to navigate, call up Siri/Google, make a phone call, etc. Test that a long press on the phone button on the steering wheel calls up the assistance when your phone is plugged in.

-Pull up all the cameras one by one and make sure they all work, when stationary and when moving.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM

Quote:

SOTA should be activated, but no harm in asking dealer to make sure it is.
I've got my tires set to 37psi (all 4), but I also chose the "Light Load" setting in the thumbwheel menus. You'll get a 'notification' at each start up, but a much smoother ride at 37 psi.
If your dealer has a 'concierge', have them you up and running with InControl app.
Plan on spending 30-45 min sitting in your driveway or garage going through all the options and menus... you won't get them all perfect the first time, but you'll have fun since the only options your last few cars probably had were radio station favorites!