Excited new I-pave user - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Excited new I-pave user

I have driven jags all my adult life but sadly sold my XJ8 last year. I am now the owner of a caesium blue HSE IPACE Now I start the long trek understanding the software and of course fast charging stations. Anyone got advice. I’ve heard of an adaptor that connects to the widely distributed TeslA infrastructure
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

That should read IPACE of course
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 11:56 PM

Sorry there is no adapter to the Tesla network. No rush. Enjoy the drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 12:19 PM

There is a JDapter for use with certain Tesla chargers of lower power.
You would have to know what and where you can charge with permission. I
don't have one though.

Jaguar I-Pace SE Borasco Grey Mars Red Interior Clear Bra Ceramic Coat
20" Wheels Mud Flaps Meridian Surround Sound Driver Assist Pack
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1946 View Post
I have driven jags all my adult life but sadly sold my XJ8 last year. I am now the owner of a caesium blue HSE IPACE Now I start the long trek understanding the software and of course fast charging stations. Anyone got advice. Ive heard of an adaptor that connects to the widely distributed TeslA infrastructure
Break out the PlugShare app and plot your course for long trips. If you there isn't a fast DC charge about every 50 miles and your round trip is well over 200 miles, you might want to consider using your second ICE car or even a rental. There are just some routes that require every DC charger to be working. If just one is out, you can get stuck. Of course if you've built in a lot of extra time and want to attempt the longer trip with a minimum number of chargers, that is fantastic. If you can't spare the time and anxiety, it can make the trip miserable when you run up against a problem with fast chargers. You will likely find lots of J1772 L2 chargers along the route, but again, you have to be prepared for a long wait to get enough juice to get you to a fast DC charger.

Congratulations on your new I-Pace. Love the color. I might suggest you scope out local fast DC chargers and try them out when you are at about 50% state of charge. That way you'll get used to having the right app for the right chargers and being able to pay before you try a long trip. In my area, I can get by with ChargePoint, EVgo, Electrify America, and GreenLots. Those four cover most of Florida. You can use PlugShare to see who has chargers in the locations you are most likely to attempt. Once you've tried a few and hit a few snags and call the tech support on the charger, you'll have the full experience down.

Good luck going through the myriad of software options, there are a lot. Look through the forum as you will find some settings are context sensitive and don't show up as options until you are on specific screens. It seems that most folks try every option until they hit their sweet spot. It took me about 6 weeks to settle on my preferences.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page