New member - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy New member

Just got my new 2020 delivered on Fathers Day and got my Charge Point charger installed on Monday, so yesterday was the first chance I got to fully charge the beast; however, I noticed that at 100% charged capacity I only have 201 effective range miles available.......WHY SO LOW?
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 09:25 AM

The estimated range is just that, an estimate based upon how the car was driven prior to charge. You can reset it and then let it learn your driving style. Is this your first BEV? Just like in a gas car, if you are driving it hard your MPG will drop. If your gas car had a range estimator, it would estimate your range based upon consumption rate.

If you are driving a lot of freeway at 80+ MPH, the Guess o meter will assume this is your normal driving style and set an estimated maximum somewhere between 200miles and 220 miles. Much depending upon terrain, temperature, speed, etc.

If you tend to drive a more mixed route and see average speeds in the 45 to 55mph range, you'll likely get an estimate above 220miles.

You might want to rest the Guess O Meter and let it learn your style. After the reset, a full charge will show above 234 miles. After that, it'll adjust based upon behavior.

To reset the GOM Guess O Meter on 2018 2019 2020 Jaguar I-Pace, perform the following instructions:
  • Press the “Start” button without touching the brake pedal. (this turns car on without starting it. Same thing you'd do for charging the car)
  • Depress the accelerator and brake pedals all the way down for 10 seconds then release it.
  • Turn off your car and start the engine to see to see the range change
deafsoundguy likes this.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 09:25 AM

Probably has a lot to do with how it was driven when they built and tested it.

I have been driving with a full family in the car, on comfort or dynamic mode, mostly highway driving and with AC and ventilated seats on, and it gives me almost exactly 200 miles with a full charge.

Now that I'm driving by myself to and from work with less load on the car, it looks like I'm getting about 100 miles/35 kWh, which will give me above 200 (and that's still with dynamic mode and not regulating my driving at all).

That number will adjust up or (hopefully not) down quickly depending on how you drive her.

Last edited by Jtdavi3; 06-19-2019 at 09:29 AM. Reason: mixed up numbers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911pilot View Post
Just got my new 2020 delivered on Fathers Day and got my Charge Point charger installed on Monday, so yesterday was the first chance I got to fully charge the beast; however, I noticed that at 100% charged capacity I only have 201 effective range miles available.......WHY SO LOW?
This is a known issue with newest 2020 models owing to an assembly screw-up. The good news is that it will fix itself after around 11 hours of driving. See the service note (h/t @pcheaven on the UK board).
deafsoundguy and Jtdavi3 like this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 01:31 PM

If it's new we need pictures.
Jtdavi3 likes this.

Jaguar I-Pace SE Borasco Grey Mars Red Interior Clear Bra Ceramic Coat
20" Wheels Mud Flaps Meridian Surround Sound Driver Assist Pack
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911pilot View Post

As others are stating, it has everything to do with how it has recently been driven.

As an alternative data point, I have had great weather here in Northern Virginia for the past few weeks, and with my suburban driving environment I am routinely seeing about 260-270 miles on the GOM when I fully charge. That will drop now that it has become hot and humid, since the AC (and especially the dehumdifying effort) will suck up a lot of energy. But my long run efficiency is 33.2 KWh/100 miles, which I think is pretty decent.

I haven't been as brave as others here so I have never let it get below 17%, but I hope to do better!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 02:25 PM

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Enderle Send a message via Skype™ to Enderle
Just found this forum

I'm the moderator on another I-Pace forum and a member of the I-Pace advisory group. Was one of the first to order the I-Pace and have had it since December of last year. Mine is a blue HSE loaded with every option but the 22" wheels. Have had issues with the center AV component but otherwise the car has been wonderful. Have 5 cars, this is the one I prefer to drive.
PGhiron likes this.

Rob Enderle
2019 I-Pace HSE Blue
2014 Color Shifting (wrapped) V8S F-Type
08 Blown Blue Stainless (wrapped) FX-35
17 Mercedes GLA 45 Matt Gray
1970 XKE 327 Engine

Past Cars:
2004 XKR Blue Heavily Modified
1965 Impala 396 Tricked Out
1968 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1974 Honda Civic (custom paint)
1964 Jaguar E-Type Modified Race
1980 Mazda RX-7 heavily modified
1994 Toyota MR-2 Turbo
2002 Audi TT Quattro Modified

Last edited by Enderle; 06-19-2019 at 02:27 PM. Reason: added more details
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderle View Post
I'm the moderator on another I-Pace forum and a member of the I-Pace advisory group. Was one of the first to order the I-Pace and have had it since December of last year. Mine is a blue HSE loaded with every option but the 22" wheels. Have had issues with the center AV component but otherwise the car has been wonderful. Have 5 cars, this is the one I prefer to drive.
Welcome to the forum, Enderle. What forum do you moderate? I'm always looking for more information about the I-Pace.
PGhiron and Jtdavi3 like this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 08:24 PM

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Enderle Send a message via Skype™ to Enderle
Sure and thanks, this one: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/i-pace-ev-102/

Rob Enderle
2019 I-Pace HSE Blue
2014 Color Shifting (wrapped) V8S F-Type
08 Blown Blue Stainless (wrapped) FX-35
17 Mercedes GLA 45 Matt Gray
1970 XKE 327 Engine

Past Cars:
2004 XKR Blue Heavily Modified
1965 Impala 396 Tricked Out
1968 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1974 Honda Civic (custom paint)
1964 Jaguar E-Type Modified Race
1980 Mazda RX-7 heavily modified
1994 Toyota MR-2 Turbo
2002 Audi TT Quattro Modified
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbingham60 View Post
The estimated range is just that, an estimate based upon how the car was driven prior to charge. You can reset it and then let it learn your driving style. Is this your first BEV? Just like in a gas car, if you are driving it hard your MPG will drop. If your gas car had a range estimator, it would estimate your range based upon consumption rate.

If you are driving a lot of freeway at 80+ MPH, the Guess o meter will assume this is your normal driving style and set an estimated maximum somewhere between 200miles and 220 miles. Much depending upon terrain, temperature, speed, etc.

If you tend to drive a more mixed route and see average speeds in the 45 to 55mph range, you'll likely get an estimate above 220miles.

You might want to rest the Guess O Meter and let it learn your style. After the reset, a full charge will show above 234 miles. After that, it'll adjust based upon behavior.

To reset the GOM Guess O Meter on 2018 2019 2020 Jaguar I-Pace, perform the following instructions:
  • Press the “Start” button without touching the brake pedal. (this turns car on without starting it. Same thing you'd do for charging the car)
  • Depress the accelerator and brake pedals all the way down for 10 seconds then release it.
  • Turn off your car and start the engine to see to see the range change
Does this method still work? I tried it yesterday and it did not work for me. How long do I have to wait to press the brake and accelerator pedals after I press the "Start" button? Do I wait until all systems load or do I just press the pedals immediately and hold for 10 second or maybe longer?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page