Ordered an I-Pace - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Ordered an I-Pace

So we just ordered a 2020 HSE in Borasco with Mars Red and aluminium interior trim, the carbon fiber 22"s and basically every option except for the heated windscreen. Any recommendations on chargers? A buddy who's an engineer at JLR went in and pulled the order number and it looks like it's supposed to go into production on 7 July, so we have a couple months until it's here. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice etc. Looking forward to this beast!
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280kitty View Post
So we just ordered a 2020 HSE in Borasco with Mars Red and aluminium interior trim, the carbon fiber 22"s and basically every option except for the heated windscreen. Any recommendations on chargers? A buddy who's an engineer at JLR went in and pulled the order number and it looks like it's supposed to go into production on 7 July, so we have a couple months until it's here. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice etc. Looking forward to this beast!
Congrats! You mean, home charger or mobile? For a home charger, it's hard to go wrong with a 32 amp Clipper Creek. I've been using that with three different EVs over the past 5 years.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
About the only functional difference between them is the ‘features’; so it depends on what is important to you. If geeking out on data is your thing, a ChargePoint or JuiceBox are probably the best choices. If portability is a priority go with a Mustart, Tesla UMC or something similar.

I bought the JuiceBox 40 Pro. It died after 4 months and was replaced under warranty, but it left me without a charger for about 2 weeks. If I was to buy a new one, I would save a couple hundred dollars and buy a cheap portable like a Mustart

https://www.amazon.com/MUSTART-Porta...gateway&sr=8-1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
About the only functional difference between them is the ‘features’; so it depends on what is important to you. If geeking out on data is your thing, a ChargePoint or JuiceBox are probably the best choices. If portability is a priority go with a Mustart, Tesla UMC or something similar.

I bought the JuiceBox 40 Pro. It died after 4 months and was replaced under warranty, but it left me without a charger for about 2 weeks. If I was to buy a new one, I would save a couple hundred dollars and buy a cheap portable like a Mustart

https://www.amazon.com/MUSTART-Porta...gateway&sr=8-1
The mobile charger I keep in my frunk is that Mustart. I've heard good things about it, although I've only tested it once.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 05:53 PM

If range anxiety will be of concern to you, you probably should select the 20" or 18" wheels instead. Or if you are going to be driving in snow ditto.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
If range anxiety will be of concern to you, you probably should select the 20" or 18" wheels instead. Or if you are going to be driving in snow ditto.
Yeah this car will only be for in town driving, so aesthetics won in regards to range... I have a 2012 GTI that’s my beater, so it gets used in bad weather. Might try to find a set of 20”s for winter though...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Yeah this car will only be for in town driving, so aesthetics won in regards to range... I have a 2012 GTI that’s my beater, so it gets used in bad weather. Might try to find a set of 20”s for winter though...
Pretty soon you'll want to drive this thing everywhere and forget about your other rides ...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 10:33 PM

I use Juice box pro 40 Level 2 home charger with plugin not hard wired installation, on sale at Costco for 499. Highly rated at 40 amp. Install 50 amp circuit with 14-50r Nema plug. Installation cost 500 dollars in garage with 65 dollor for permit in nj. I-pace chages only at 30 amp max due to on board jaguar charger accepts only upto 7.7kwh. However it will be future proof for higher amp.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 10:41 PM

I purchased mine in May with 20" all season Goodyear tires. They sell for close to 200 plus per tire. 22" tires mounted were all summer tires not all season's and sell well north of 375 per tire
Not sure about 22" all season tires.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 10:54 PM

I had to go with slightly larger tires to get an all-season that fits the 22" rim - Continental Extreme DWS - I really really like them.

Jeff in Denver
'19 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition
'03 Porsche 911 Turbo 6MT X50
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'17 Volvo XC90 Inscription - Wife's

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page