New I-Pace in SF South Bay - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

New I-Pace in SF South Bay

Hello everyone! I took delivery of my new I-Pace (a Silicon Silver HSE) at the end of March and I'm loving it so far. No problems yet (knock on wood!) during my 300 miles or so of driving. I'm getting about 210 miles of range in a combination of bay area freeway and surface street driving. I really enjoy the car and am not as frustrated as many are with the infotainment system. I've had no "black screens of death" yet, but do notice the slowness - especially on the navigation screen. Overall, the car is a blast to drive and I am impressed by the technology (and I've been in tech for all my life). Hopefully it will continue this way, but if it doesn't, I'm prepared to deal with some problems as an early adopter of such a new vehicle.

I did see my first I-Pace in the wild during a walk in Monte Sereno yesterday. It was a Corris Grey HSE if I remember right. If you live in the LG/MS area keep an eye out for a Silicon Silver HSE - It's probably me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2665.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	401.7 KB
ID:	1633  
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:34 AM

Welcome Jeff and congrats. Jaguar has been pretty quick at updating issues relating to software thus far. Does the I-Pace mark your first EV or have you owned others?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Welcome Jeff and congrats. Jaguar has been pretty quick at updating issues relating to software thus far. Does the I-Pace mark your first EV or have you owned others?
Thanks! It's my first EV, though we did own a hybrid Toyota Highlander 10 years ago. We are loving the I-Pace so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:41 AM

Welcome! IMO, the I-Pace is the best blend of features in a midsized performance car. It's my favorite car so far. I make excuses to drive it after 5,500 miles in 4 months.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Welcome! IMO, the I-Pace is the best blend of features in a midsized performance car. It's my favorite car so far. I make excuses to drive it after 5,500 miles in 4 months.
Thanks McRat! I've been reading your posts for a few months now and your honest reports of your experience with the car really helped me have the courage to go through with the transaction. I'm very happy I did. Thanks for that!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page