Greetings from Connecticut - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Greetings from Connecticut

Hi, I have one of the first i-Paces in the Nutmeg State I think, a First Edition. Looking forward to learning and sharing experiences with the community.
Administrator likes this.
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 02:10 PM

Welcome.

You might read some of the threads about using a "slow boot" to improve Infotainment screen stability. It only affects some owners, but it can be irritating.
For me, it's just a quirk of a 100% new design. I love my i-Pace so far.

Slow boot is just waiting for all systems to be completely awake before driving off if possible. Sometimes everything wakes up instantly, other times it can take up to a minute for all the systems to finish talking to each other.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Last edited by McRat; 12-19-2018 at 02:16 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmneff View Post
Hi, I have one of the first i-Paces in the Nutmeg State I think, a First Edition. Looking forward to learning and sharing experiences with the community.

Hey tmneff-
I may follow your lead shortly. If my courage doesn't falter, I'll be picking mine up on Saturday. Keep us posted, preferably with good news.
Now I've gotta go memorize this 'slow boot' thing...

drscott

SE
silicon silver
driver assist
adaptive dynamics/AdSR
HUD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Well as luck would have it, I was happily configuring various things in the car this afternoon, when I tried connecting it to my house Wifi cloud, and it hung Connecting - forever. I could do other things but that item was stuck. When I turned the car on next time, the infotainment and climate screens remained dark. Nothing I tried, including turning it off, locking it and waiting an hour, had any effect. It's going back to Jaguar Hartford service tomorrow morning!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

I mean seriously, give us a reset sequence like holding the radio button down for 10 seconds or something.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Well as luck would have it, I was happily configuring various things in the car this afternoon, when I tried connecting it to my house Wifi cloud, and it hung Connecting - forever. I could do other things but that item was stuck. When I turned the car on next time, the infotainment and climate screens remained dark. Nothing I tried, including turning it off, locking it and waiting an hour, had any effect. It's going back to Jaguar Hartford service tomorrow morning!
Turn the car off. Unplug any USB devices. Remove the SIM chipcard from the center armrest rear center. Push in, it pops out, remove. Lock car, wait, unlock. Hold brake, press ON/OFF button for at least one second ("One One Thousand"), then wait until all three (Phone then Media then NAV) wake up fully.

Any luck?

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 09:08 PM

Evidence is pointing to the infotainment computer waiting for something that never happens. By removing as many possible external devices as possible, you might unlock it.

Supposedly update is in the works. When? Dunno.

Can you still drive the car? Does the dash still work? I don't even use the center console screen very often, because everything I need, Phone, Radio, Nav, instruments, driver's aids, are all on the dash and HUD.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Try shutting everything down, removing the SIM card and then restarting.

I’ve had a bunch of odd things, but they have always self-resolved on their own. Today, with 2400 miles on the car, was the first time I had the total black screens, top and bottom. The radio and the heater going full blast. I ignored and drove about a mile to my next destination, was there about 45 minutes and when I came back the car started normally.

BTW- I’ve been fortunate in having just small quirky things happen as I do not follow the whole slow boot sequence. I get in the car and go, just as I do with any other car.
McRat and dtgsrq like this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
Ive been fortunate in having just small quirky things happen as I do not follow the whole slow boot sequence. I get in the car and go, just as I do with any other car.
It would be informative if you could enumerate the things you don't have or do .. I know, kind of nebulous .. but e.g. did you set up a profile, do you connect via Android Auto or that apple thing, etc
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:

Did you note that part about "...if my courage doesn't falter..?" You're not helping me.

"Ive had a bunch of odd things, but they have always self-resolved on their own. Today, with 2400 miles on the car, was the first time I had the total black screens, top and bottom. The radio and the heater going full blast. I ignored and drove about a mile to my next destination, was there about 45 minutes and when I came back the car started normally.

BTW- Ive been fortunate in having just small quirky things happen as I do not follow the whole slow boot sequence. I get in the car and go, just as I do with any other car."

That's helpful. Sort of.

drscott

SE
silicon silver
driver assist
adaptive dynamics/AdSR
HUD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page