Major issues new I-Pace - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Major issues new I-Pace

Love driving this car and it is beautiful. I’m Dutch bu the way. Received the car Teusday and have had many issues since: non or incorrect milage data, the radio switch on and couldn’t be switched of anymore, the mid console switched off and doesn’t function until software is reloaded, charging at home is impossible as the car doesn’t connect (hence 2 hours of charging at fast charging stations!!) and at fast chargers the operator has to start the session remotely as the car keep on killing the sessions. The GPS module is not functioning resulting in a blocked Remote App as the car is listed as stolen.
While loving the car, the whole experience so far has been a downright nuisance. I’ve spend an average of 2 hoirs a day to keep this care going, which is more than I drove on average a day.
Anybody out there with similar experiences and an idea what Jaguar is doing to solve it?
post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyNijland View Post
Love driving this car and it is beautiful. I’m Dutch bu the way. Received the car Teusday and have had many issues since: non or incorrect milage data, the radio switch on and couldn’t be switched of anymore, the mid console switched off and doesn’t function until software is reloaded, charging at home is impossible as the car doesn’t connect (hence 2 hours of charging at fast charging stations!!) and at fast chargers the operator has to start the session remotely as the car keep on killing the sessions. The GPS module is not functioning resulting in a blocked Remote App as the car is listed as stolen.
While loving the car, the whole experience so far has been a downright nuisance. I’ve spend an average of 2 hoirs a day to keep this care going, which is more than I drove on average a day.
Anybody out there with similar experiences and an idea what Jaguar is doing to solve it?
Sorry to hear you are having so many problems. While many have had screen/radio issues, I have not heard anyone else having the other problems you are experiencing.

Good luck getting it sorted out and keep us informed!

Photon Red FE
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 08:58 AM

@Lenny -

Can you provide more detail about your home charger setup? I'm assuming you are not using the basic cable that came with the i-Pace.
Charge Brand and Model
Amperage
Hardwired or portable charging unit

It seems if you are able to use a public J1772 charger and you are able to go through the basic steps to get the public chargers working, you might need to look at your home charging station.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 09:50 AM

The included cable is best used as a tow rope. It does not provide enough power to keep the battery up to the correct temp on cold mornings.
Oddly the Prototype cable DID come with a L2 pigtail for charging at full speed.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
The included cable is best used as a tow rope.
Only if your towing a toy wagon. It isn’t nearly strong or long enough to make a decent tow rope for a car. 😁

Photon Red FE
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 07:52 PM

Sorry to hear about the issues but hopefully being here will aid in making your ownership experience a bit easier.
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 05:02 AM

I have had my HSE now for less then a week. Issues began as soon as I left the dealership and after connecting my android phone with the app at the dealership. My issues are not as bad as LennyNijland but similar.
- main infotainment system hardly ever on and both center consoles are totally black and unresponsive.
- Logically all other features are also not adjustable like heating/cooling, parking assistant, and everything else that can be changed via the main screens
- Radio powers on while the car is locked and stays on
- Suddenly lost all DAB radio connectivity, this has since come back now
- unreliable mileage numbers
- strange discharge on range while the car is parked in my garage overnight.

Charging has not been a problem, although I do not yet have a home charger and have been using public chargers
My wife refuses to drive this thing due to uncertainty if the infotainment system is working

I took it to the dealer on Friday and they have confirmed "many" having similar issues without a fix available yet. They did state that there may be some new software out by end of this week. I have noticed that things have gotten more stable ever since i stopped connecting my android and totally deleted my phone from the bluetooth properties when the main console was actually working.

But all in all, this is an amazing ride which caters to the families out there as well, something that only Tesla can offer in the EV segment as of right now. However such buggy software simply should not be happening and really brings down the first impressions. But, there is always something when a brand new line of cars gets released with the first models. Unsure what Jaguars future plans are with the I-Pace but at least here in Norway it is a major hit regardless.
BeachCliff likes this.
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 06:22 AM

I want to start asking this of everybody who looses the infotainment screen ... Do you have a flash drive memory stick plugged in?
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WattAJag View Post
I want to start asking this of everybody who looses the infotainment screen ... Do you have a flash drive memory stick plugged in?
A USB stick stopped my i-Pace. I have a desktop (EVGA SR2 w/dual Xeon 5680s) that will not boot at all with an i-Phone plugged into it. And one of my Chevrolets did the same as the i-Pace.

Folk drool over the i-Phone, but Apple never was very good at software development. In the case of the Chevy, it was Apple's fault. Why? It was an i-Phone update that fixed it, not a GM update.

Carplay never left Beta. I'm surprised Tesla doesn't use it as their O/S.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Last edited by McRat; 12-18-2018 at 08:21 AM.
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Folk drool over the i-Phone, but Apple never was very good at software development. In the case of the Chevy, it was Apple's fault. Why? It was an i-Phone update that fixed it, not a GM update.

Carplay never left Beta. I'm surprised Tesla doesn't use it as their O/S.
Well I respectfully disagree. I am a professional software guy and MacOS/iOS is some of the most stable and well designed software systems out there. Since passing if Steve Jibs the quality has declined, and it can be buggy, but compared to Windows and Linux the performance and polish is second to none. I have iOS and MacOS systems that need no restart and have not crashed for very long periods of time.

Windows and by extension embedded Windows which runs the Jaguar is a connoted unstable mess. I would never use ur if its derivatives for control systems nor critical applications. I am sure Jaguar has a lot of bugs but the nature of the underlying system is probably oart of the issues you are all seeing.

Tesla rubs Ubuntu Linux.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page