Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1st EV - 2019 Jag I-Pace - Approx Delivery to S. FL, USA - End of Oct, 2018

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  nath_h 
#1 ·
Been lurking here a while since I placed my order way back in March, 2018 just after JLR was accepting orders. My I-Pace was released with an original build date of 7/27/18 (which later got pushed to 9/14/18) and and an original possible delivery/handover date of 10/3/18 (which later got pushed to 11/7/18). I found out today that my I-Pace has already been built and is now awaiting final QC inspection and transport to the Port to go on to the ship for delivery to the USA...with a possible delivery/handover a week or two early, currently updated now for mid-late October! :grin2:

My I-Pace specs are the following:

HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext. & Front Fog Lights

Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber trim, Ebony Suede headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates

22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

Pictures below...

BTW - going to post a quick "driving review" in the General as I had the opportunity today to test-drive a pre-production demo I-Pace at my Jaguar dealer here in South Florida...took it for a 45-min spin today and all I can say is "WOW, I am truly impressed!!!!!!" So excited for my new daily driver and 1st Electric Vehicle (and I'm coming from a 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo...and the I-Pace is actually more exciting and more fun to drive!!!!). :grin2:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Just a warning, no matter what your (potentially) idiot dealer may or may not be telling you, you're not getting your car until Jaguar officially releases them in the US, which involves a ton of things including certifications, coordinating PR efforts, etc. So do not think when it hits US shores your delivery is imminent. On the F-Pace rollout some people were extremely excited only to have their cars sit at some unknown depot for 3-4 weeks because Jaguar wouldn't allow them to be officially sold yet.

#7 ·
My official delivery date (on paper) is 11/2/18 with an official handover date of 11/7/18, BUT that changed after it finished build production a bit earlier than anticipated on 9/12/18...delivery & handover changed to about 2-3 weeks earlier. My feeling is that it may be held up at the Port here in the US for a few days-week or so, and my delivery date will be sometime in the last week of Oct. I have no reason to think that other I-Paces won't be released (in conjunction with Jaguar's official I-Pace USA release) later than that. In fact, we took delivery of our brand new model, 2018 LR Range Rover Velar about 2 weeks earlier than anticipated and that was JLR's 1st year for the Velar. Worst case scenario is that I'll take delivery in the 1st week of Nov...no issue to me.:wink2:

#10 ·
Don't think I'm going since I'll likely have my own I-Pace before the "tour" here in South Florida (in Nov.); plus I already test drove one at my Jag dealer last week. :) The Level 2 Charger I chose for my home garage was the ChargePoint 32amp (240v) wifi plug-in Home Charger (same one that Jag shows everywhere so they must have a partnership with ChargePoint).

#14 ·
I noticed tonight that my new I Pace has a different "Jaguar" label on the rocker panel than our other I Pace. It is a sticker stuck on (and also the HSE label) instead of the nice raised lettering on our other car. I checked the build date on the new car...8/18 vs. 1/19 for our other car.

Two questions...does anyone else have the Jaguar sticker instead of raised lettering on their early production model, and when were the first delivery I Paces built?

Been lurking here a while since I placed my order way back in March, 2018 just after JLR was accepting orders. My I-Pace was released with an original build date of 7/27/18 (which later got pushed to 9/14/18) and and an original possible delivery/handover date of 10/3/18 (which later got pushed to 11/7/18). I found out today that my I-Pace has already been built and is now awaiting final QC inspection and transport to the Port to go on to the ship for delivery to the USA...with a possible delivery/handover a week or two early, currently updated now for mid-late October! :grin2:

My I-Pace specs are the following:

HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext. & Front Fog Lights

Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber trim, Ebony Suede headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates

22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

Pictures below...

BTW - going to post a quick "driving review" in the General as I had the opportunity today to test-drive a pre-production demo I-Pace at my Jaguar dealer here in South Florida...took it for a 45-min spin today and all I can say is "WOW, I am truly impressed!!!!!!" So excited for my new daily driver and 1st Electric Vehicle (and I'm coming from a 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo...and the I-Pace is actually more exciting and more fun to drive!!!!). :grin2:

#15 ·
I noticed tonight that my new I Pace has a different "Jaguar" label on the rocker panel than our other I Pace. It is a sticker stuck on (and also the HSE label) instead of the nice raised lettering on our other car. I checked the build date on the new car...8/18 vs. 1/19 for our other car.

Two questions...does anyone else have the Jaguar sticker instead of raised lettering on their early production model, and when were the first delivery I Paces built?
I noticed that (sorry to say) "cheap" looking sticker on the demo I first saw when I placed my order... salesperson told me they were manufacturing with 'standard' raised lettering going forward and that the demo was just that, a demo (they were NOT even letting people drive it!). My originally ordered I-Pace (see elsewhere in this forum for storyline) was ordered in Aug 2018 and arrived Dec 2018 (had a build date Oct 2018) and did NOT have the stickers, it had the higher quality, raised Jaguar plaque and HSE lettering. Unfortunately it came with the wrong color headliner, so I refused it, took delivery of a 2019 FE a couple days later at another dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.