1st EV - 2019 Jag I-Pace - Approx Delivery to S. FL, USA - End of Oct, 2018 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

1st EV - 2019 Jag I-Pace - Approx Delivery to S. FL, USA - End of Oct, 2018

Been lurking here a while since I placed my order way back in March, 2018 just after JLR was accepting orders. My I-Pace was released with an original build date of 7/27/18 (which later got pushed to 9/14/18) and and an original possible delivery/handover date of 10/3/18 (which later got pushed to 11/7/18). I found out today that my I-Pace has already been built and is now awaiting final QC inspection and transport to the Port to go on to the ship for delivery to the USA...with a possible delivery/handover a week or two early, currently updated now for mid-late October!

My I-Pace specs are the following:

HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext. & Front Fog Lights

Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber trim, Ebony Suede headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates

22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

Pictures below...

BTW - going to post a quick "driving review" in the General as I had the opportunity today to test-drive a pre-production demo I-Pace at my Jaguar dealer here in South Florida...took it for a 45-min spin today and all I can say is "WOW, I am truly impressed!!!!!!" So excited for my new daily driver and 1st Electric Vehicle (and I'm coming from a 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo...and the I-Pace is actually more exciting and more fun to drive!!!!).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 7.26.39 PM.png
Views:	111
Size:	435.2 KB
ID:	485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 7.27.04 PM.png
Views:	117
Size:	594.2 KB
ID:	487  
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 08:33 PM

Nice!!!

Good news all around.

(I also went with the Indus S.)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 08:49 PM

haha, me too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 03:30 PM

Congrats!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 03:47 PM

Just a warning, no matter what your (potentially) idiot dealer may or may not be telling you, you're not getting your car until Jaguar officially releases them in the US, which involves a ton of things including certifications, coordinating PR efforts, etc. So do not think when it hits US shores your delivery is imminent. On the F-Pace rollout some people were extremely excited only to have their cars sit at some unknown depot for 3-4 weeks because Jaguar wouldn't allow them to be officially sold yet.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S
Ordered: 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE First Edition Corris Grey
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 06:01 PM

That's fair warning.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
Just a warning, no matter what your (potentially) idiot dealer may or may not be telling you, you're not getting your car until Jaguar officially releases them in the US, which involves a ton of things including certifications, coordinating PR efforts, etc. So do not think when it hits US shores your delivery is imminent. On the F-Pace rollout some people were extremely excited only to have their cars sit at some unknown depot for 3-4 weeks because Jaguar wouldn't allow them to be officially sold yet.

My official delivery date (on paper) is 11/2/18 with an official handover date of 11/7/18, BUT that changed after it finished build production a bit earlier than anticipated on 9/12/18...delivery & handover changed to about 2-3 weeks earlier. My feeling is that it may be held up at the Port here in the US for a few days-week or so, and my delivery date will be sometime in the last week of Oct. I have no reason to think that other I-Paces won't be released (in conjunction with Jaguar's official I-Pace USA release) later than that. In fact, we took delivery of our brand new model, 2018 LR Range Rover Velar about 2 weeks earlier than anticipated and that was JLR's 1st year for the Velar. Worst case scenario is that I'll take delivery in the 1st week of Nov...no issue to me.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post

Looks like that the official I-Pace USA release will be mid-October..."Nationwide retailer launch events Oct. 15 through Dec. 2. will introduce the Jaguar I-Pace to consumers across the country. The vehicle is priced from $69,500 and customers can take delivery beginning in the fall."

https://www.mediapost.com/publicatio...city-tour.html

22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 01:03 PM

Without the EPA rating, I assume that's what's holding it up? Take lots of pics for us, and pics of the charger and such. Coming from a Model S, I'm very curious how this plays out. Thanks.

His: 2013 Tesla Model S - Sold 06/2018. Looking for an EV-SUV
Hers: 2018 Tesla Model 3
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl View Post
Without the EPA rating, I assume that's what's holding it up? Take lots of pics for us, and pics of the charger and such. Coming from a Model S, I'm very curious how this plays out. Thanks.

Don't think I'm going since I'll likely have my own I-Pace before the "tour" here in South Florida (in Nov.); plus I already test drove one at my Jag dealer last week. The Level 2 Charger I chose for my home garage was the ChargePoint 32amp (240v) wifi plug-in Home Charger (same one that Jag shows everywhere so they must have a partnership with ChargePoint).

22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page