Order / delivery timing? - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 112Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 272 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Order / delivery timing?

The lease on my (beloved but too small) A3 eTron is running out in March 2019 and I'm going to look to order an iPace with a March delivery date. Right now I'm thinking of ordering in September .. unless demand exceeds expectations, which may well happen given the unbelievably enthusiastic reviews across the board. Anybody have any info on order / delivery dates at this point?
Administrator likes this.
post #2 of 272 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
The lease on my (beloved but too small) A3 eTron is running out in March 2019 and I'm going to look to order an iPace with a March delivery date. Right now I'm thinking of ordering in September .. unless demand exceeds expectations, which may well happen given the unbelievably enthusiastic reviews across the board. Anybody have any info on order / delivery dates at this point?
You should be fine, but talk to your local dealer about their reservations/allocations, my dealer has seen quite a few reservations, but the other local dealer not as many.
post #3 of 272 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

hey McRat i see in your signature that you ordered one on 5/30. What's the likely delivery date?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 272 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
hey McRat i see in your signature that you ordered one on 5/30. What's the likely delivery date?
They did not enter the order until 6/1/2018. 5/30 is when I configured it, and signed off, and paid my deposit. On 5/31 I called for my Order ID number, and found they hadn't entered the order yet.

Build date 7/13, delivery date 9/27. No VIN yet, and I can't track it. Working on it.
TeslaOwner likes this.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Last edited by McRat; 06-30-2018 at 12:52 AM.
post #5 of 272 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

not too bad
post #6 of 272 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 02:03 AM

My configuration and deposit were finalized less than a week after McRat's. I don't have VIN or specific dates yet, but am being told to expect delivery around November, and that it will "definitely" deliver before year end. I'm guessing the reason my timing is later is because I ordered the I-Pace "S", rather than the First Edition. Just a guess, though, as the dealer has been somewhat vague about the process.
post #7 of 272 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
My configuration and deposit were finalized less than a week after McRat's. I don't have VIN or specific dates yet, but am being told to expect delivery around November, and that it will "definitely" deliver before year end. I'm guessing the reason my timing is later is because I ordered the I-Pace "S", rather than the First Edition. Just a guess, though, as the dealer has been somewhat vague about the process.
My build date for a FE is 9/7 with delivery date being 10/28. My order went into a holding pool on 3/6 but wasn’t confirmed till 5/25, but even then it showed as slotted. Looks like on 6/2 is when it officially received a build date. My dealer is also going to California in July to receive training and will be providing me all the details soon. 😁
post #8 of 272 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
Ask for your Purchase Order. There is a doc their computer spits out that has all the dates, your name, and an Order # on it.

Without that, they might be waiting to 'batch process' orders. I had to insist they enter my order and email me the doc.

It is to dealer's advantage NOT to put your name on the PO. If the dealer orders it for stock, and there is a shortage, they can add a 'market adjustment' or sell it to the higher bidder.

I'm still a tad worried about that. I've had dealers attempt to screw with me. It sort of sucks. I do tell them that I'm the kind of buyer who's word is his bond and will only deal money with like minded folk. I've actually paid more for a car because I refused to buy from a dealer who attempted to con me. Somehow they found out I was searching for the car, then called me and and gave me the price we agreed on at the start, and I told them I'll buy elsewhere.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Last edited by McRat; 06-30-2018 at 09:46 AM.
post #9 of 272 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 11:13 PM

I just requested my name be added to the order. Good idea. DOn't want no funny business.
post #10 of 272 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Ask for your Purchase Order. There is a doc their computer spits out that has all the dates, your name, and an Order # on it.
I don't think there is a purchase order yet. They told me they can't submit the order till they receive their 'allocation'. The allocation was supposed to come a week or two ago, but apparently got delayed. My order/delivery is to be in the "first group" - presumably this does not include First Editions, since I gather some of you already have orders in and earlier delivery dates scheduled for First Editions. I was also told that the timing of the allocation really does not matter anyway because any delay in the allocation will not impact the November expected delivery timing. As I said, it's vague or at least confusing to me.

I hope they're being straight with me. If not, there's always other cars.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page