Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Order / delivery timing?

66K views 271 replies 41 participants last post by  sciencegeek 
#1 ·
The lease on my (beloved but too small) A3 eTron is running out in March 2019 and I'm going to look to order an iPace with a March delivery date. Right now I'm thinking of ordering in September .. unless demand exceeds expectations, which may well happen given the unbelievably enthusiastic reviews across the board. Anybody have any info on order / delivery dates at this point?

#4 · (Edited)
They did not enter the order until 6/1/2018. 5/30 is when I configured it, and signed off, and paid my deposit. On 5/31 I called for my Order ID number, and found they hadn't entered the order yet.

Build date 7/13, delivery date 9/27. No VIN yet, and I can't track it. Working on it.

Reactions: TeslaOwner
#6 ·
My configuration and deposit were finalized less than a week after McRat's. I don't have VIN or specific dates yet, but am being told to expect delivery around November, and that it will "definitely" deliver before year end. I'm guessing the reason my timing is later is because I ordered the I-Pace "S", rather than the First Edition. Just a guess, though, as the dealer has been somewhat vague about the process.

#7 ·
My build date for a FE is 9/7 with delivery date being 10/28. My order went into a holding pool on 3/6 but wasn’t confirmed till 5/25, but even then it showed as slotted. Looks like on 6/2 is when it officially received a build date. My dealer is also going to California in July to receive training and will be providing me all the details soon. ?

#11 ·
Are Jag really only going to have 20K people ... worldwide ... deduct the Waymo order ... who want to buy one of these things in the first year?

Tesla has Supercharger. That will be key to some people.

After that are all the rest. None of them have their own extensive rapid charger network, so level-playing-field.

Can't imagine someone is suddenly going to find some cheap batteries ... so the cost is going to be like-for-like

The i-Pace looks like a cracker to me. And plenty of advances (e.g. nice efficient motors) that will make people comfortable that Jag hasn't just chucked something together (WTF is the Leaf doing with tiny battery upgrade and RapidGate and no decent battery management and massive degradation ... STILL)

For any existing Jag owner that wants to go Eco, or has had a go in a Tesla and hates the "spartan" style, this is just perfect, surely? Or even a Beamer / Volvo / Audi / etc driver - particularly if their existing Lease is up as none of those Marques have anything to drive off the forecourt yet ...

So how come 20K units is going to be enough? That would be my worry if placing an order.

#57 ·
25k per year. 20k Waymo order is spread over the first three, maybe four, years of production.

Supercharger is an advantage, thanks to its slick user experience - but it's not as overwhelming an advantage as is made out. Over time it will become less so. And by the time the I-Pace is out in volume, by the time the Kona, E-Niro, and e-tron are being delivered, a lot of that advantage will have gone. One of the key disadvantages - interoperability teething issues - seems to have been dealt with now.

In the EU, there are about 4,500 CCS chargers, right now. (compared to about 2,500 Supercharger stalls at ~320 locations)
In the USA, there are 1,100 CCS locations, right now (compared to 570 Supercharger locations). Each Supercharger stall has to be shared between about 67 Teslas. And in three months time, between about 80 Teslas. Each CCS charger has to be shared between no more than 20 cars.

The CCS chargers are only spread between three big network operators atm. EA will bring that up to 4. EA are putting a High Power Charger live every day or two atm, and they are due to increase that roll-out rate by a lot.

The really big advantage that Tesla have is the Panasonic battery cell supply contract. Panasonic were even selling cells to Tesla at a loss last year.

#14 ·
It depends on the dealer. I've heard as low as $1000. In the US deposits at normal dealerships have refundable deposits. This is not true with Tesla.
I'd rather keep my deposit private, since is was higher than requested. If they stab me, I want it sting them a little. Dealers hate cutting cash refund checks when a commission is on the line.

#15 ·
Same boat here, but my A3 e-tron lease is up at end of the year, December 2018. I was hoping that Audi would already have the e-tron quattro ready, but I guess not. So here I am looking to pre-order the i-Pace. I read somewhere here that from order to delivery is about 4 months. So I'm thinking of plunking down a deposit during the official i-Pace introduction/release on August 29. The car salesman I'm dealing with said the i-Pace may show up in the showrooms at that time, too.

-Ben

#16 ·
Same boat here, but my A3 e-tron lease is up at end of the year, December 2018. I was hoping that Audi would already have the e-tron quattro ready, but I guess not. So here I am looking to pre-order the i-Pace. I read somewhere here that from order to delivery is about 4 months. So I'm thinking of plunking down a deposit during the official i-Pace introduction/release on August 29. The car salesman I'm dealing with said the i-Pace may show up in the showrooms at that time, too.
What happens on August 29? Where will the introduction be?

#19 ·
News from Denver

I placed my order with the local Jaguar dealership on May 1st, and was notified on at the end of May that they were starting to get allocations. In late June I received an updated copy of the Order Details, which lists a Build Date of mid-October, and a Delivery date of late December.

Funny thing, I saw a suspiciously similar vehicle at a stop light in Littleton today, and sure enough, it was an I-Pace with the dealer's logos on it. Followed it around for a few minutes - looks good, and not like anything else on the road!

#23 ·
I placed my order with the local Jaguar dealership on May 1st, and was notified on at the end of May that they were starting to get allocations. In late June I received an updated copy of the Order Details, which lists a Build Date of mid-October, and a Delivery date of late December.

Funny thing, I saw a suspiciously similar vehicle at a stop light in Littleton today, and sure enough, it was an I-Pace with the dealer's logos on it. Followed it around for a few minutes - looks good, and not like anything else on the road!
That's interesting. I have a deposit placed in April at a another dealer in northern Colorado.
(There are 3 dealers with a 4th opening in Broomfield soon!)
They had 1 I-Pace ordered for June, but only have allocation for 2 during the month of July.
If I get lucky my firm order would happen this month.
We will just have to wait and see. :frown2:
It's looking like getting tax credit may not happen this year. :|

#20 ·
I signed for my order this morning in Vancouver, Canada (deposit in March) and was given a November estimated delivery. [Wondering how long it takes to ship a car from Austria to the West Coast.]

S, Caesium Blue, 20" black wheels, Red Windsor leather, Driver Assist, that's about it.

#24 ·
Just placed my deposit down this weekend. Ordered a "S" model with the following options:
Caesium Blue with Light Oyster Leather Seats
Drive Pack
Auto-Dim Power Fold Side Mirrors
Adaptive Dynamics
Adaptive Surface Response

I went with the 18" default wheels because you can better range with them and probably more comfort.

Last Amendment Possible: 10/5/18
Build Date: 11/2/18
Delivery Date: 1/4/19
Accepted Handover: 1/9/19

Timing was all PERFECT since 1/8/19 is my turn-in date for the A3 e-tron lease.

-Ben

#27 ·
Good for you that your dealer had enough allocations to order immediately. Here in Quebec I was #10 on the local dealer waiting list and he had 3 allocations in June, so I’m now number 7. At this rate my order will only be confirmed in 3-4 months, for spring 2019 delivery?

#31 ·
That is relatively speedy! My amendment, etc., numbers are just a week prior to yours and I ordered a month ago (Central Cal.). And with sympathies to others with even farther out numbers . . . here's hoping we see a positive shift with gains in production. Cars are now at the dealerships in Europe . . . So, we should also start hearing more about early ownership experiences.

#34 ·
It's also possible that production slots are allocated across dealerships, such that several dealerships can have similarly calendared spots in the production queue.

As a result, if an early spot in the queue remains available at a dealership (and they don't trade it away), you can come late and still pick up a relatively early production spot. . .

#37 ·
Been lurking here a while since I placed my order way back in March, 2018 just after JLR was accepting orders. My I-Pace was released with an original build date of 7/27/18 (which later got pushed to 9/14/18) and and an original possible delivery/handover date of 10/3/18 (which later got pushed to 11/7/18). I found out today that my I-Pace has already been built and is now awaiting final QC inspection and transport to the Port to go on to the ship for delivery to the USA...with a possible delivery/handover a week or two early, currently updated now for mid-late October! :grin2:

My I-Pace specs are the following:

HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext. & Front Fog Lights

Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber trim, Ebony Suede headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates

22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

Pictures below...

BTW - going to post a quick "driving review" in the General Section as I had the opportunity today to test-drive a pre-production demo I-Pace at my Jaguar dealer here in South Florida...took it for a 45-min spin today and all I can say is "WOW, I am truly impressed!!!!!!" So excited for my new daily driver and 1st Electric Vehicle (and I'm coming from a 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo...and the I-Pace is actually more exciting and more fun to drive!!!!). :grin2:

Attachments

Reactions: sciencegeek
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.