Order / delivery timing? - Page 20 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 112Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #191 of 272 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brienj View Post
My order has never moved back [U]and[U] forth, it has only moved in one direction, away from the original delivery date. I'm just beginning to lose interest - that's on me, I get it.
There are plenty in dealer stock, so unless you ordered something really unique, you could likely find are car to suite your tastes to take delivery now.
post #192 of 272 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruintoo View Post
What's that status of your car? Our order schedule were pretty much the same Mine is built and waiting to board a ship. Delivery date at the dealer is expected to be 1/11/19.
You may be one ship ahead of me. Mine was supposed to be built on 11/23 and I'm awaiting confirmation from the dealer, who said she'd put out a query to HQ.
post #193 of 272 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 10:59 PM

Yeah, I took a few options I didn't need - like a heated steering wheel in Phoenix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #194 of 272 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 02:39 PM

I realize that some of you have tracked your vehicles coming over. I am hoping you can shed some light on my question.
The latest that I have been told from JLR is that mine is on a ship that left on 11/27 and that the ship (Toreador) will arrive in Port Huneme, CA on December 23.
If I check Marinetraffic.com, it shows the ship's destination to be the port in Baltimore on 12/8.
Does it make sense that same ship is then going to sail south, transit the Panama Canal and then head north to CA and arrive on 12/23?

Porsche Macan GTS
post #195 of 272 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuableu View Post
Does it make sense that same ship is then going to sail south, transit the Panama Canal and then head north to CA and arrive on 12/23?
I dunno. I see the Toreador's capacity is 6,354 cars. Seems like more than enough to deliver I-Paces to both Baltimore and California. Seems they made several stops in England - perhaps delivered a few I-Paces there? And/or picked up some British-made Jaguars for delivery in America?
post #196 of 272 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuableu View Post
I realize that some of you have tracked your vehicles coming over. I am hoping you can shed some light on my question.
The latest that I have been told from JLR is that mine is on a ship that left on 11/27 and that the ship (Toreador) will arrive in Port Huneme, CA on December 23.
If I check Marinetraffic.com, it shows the ship's destination to be the port in Baltimore on 12/8.
Yes, it makes sense. My car was on the Tugela which stopped in Baltimore after crossing the Atlantic, and then sailed south through the Panama Canal before arriving at Port Hueneme on the 27th. It is basically about 6 days to the canal, a day at the canal and the another six days to Hueneme. Then, it just depends on how long it takes the cars to go through customs (2 to 3 days) and when the Jag inspectors are scheduled to be at the port before car is loaded on to a truck. In my case, I believe the car cleared customs either yesterday or today. But, the Jag engineer is not scheduled to be at the Port until Monday the 3rd. More than likely, It looks like I will be able to take delivery late next week.
Joshuableu likes this.
post #197 of 272 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 08:25 AM

Just setting your expectation as I had a delivery date of Oct 30. It was built in Sept. Was reportedly on a ship to Brunswick weeks ago. Still not made it to North Carolina. My experience is that the car gets to the dealer when it gets here - there is nothing close to an organized, consistent forward movement of the vehicle based on dates. Maybe there is, but they hide it well. I hope your car comes thru as you anticipate but that is not my experience and I would caution accordingly. Good luck.
epirali likes this.
post #198 of 272 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordondd View Post
Just setting your expectation as I had a delivery date of Oct 30. It was built in Sept. Was reportedly on a ship to Brunswick weeks ago. Still not made it to North Carolina. My experience is that the car gets to the dealer when it gets here - there is nothing close to an organized, consistent forward movement of the vehicle based on dates. Maybe there is, but they hide it well. I hope your car comes thru as you anticipate but that is not my experience and I would caution accordingly. Good luck.
Yes, there does seem to be a lot of room for fluctuation in the process even after being told your VIN, shipping date and vessel name. But, once on the boat, the main variables seem to be a) travel time [that can somewhat be tracked on MarineTraffic.com], b) number of days it takes the cars to get through customs, c) timing of Jag reps to inspect the cars at the port, d) trucking schedule to get car from port to dealer and e) dealer prep timing (usually only a day, or two).

In my case, I am down to D and E (barring any problem found with the car in C). Current dealer estimated hand over date is 12/7, which seems fairly achievable at this point. But, yes, only time will tell.
post #199 of 272 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 06:45 AM

One comment made by the dealership last Friday, "we received the invoice for your car"....based on a subsequent conversation with them, the invoice always arrives BEFORE the car....their accounting department is organized! At least it gives some indication of exactly where the car is in the delivery process.
post #200 of 272 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 11:21 AM

2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE EV400 is in 'da house!

FYI - drives great! As Mentioned before, the smoothness, quietness, and heavy high quality feel are a pleasure. The brake regen is phenomenal and so far, I've been averaging in the mid to upper 40's KWH while driving around town mostly with A/C fan on 2 and driver's seat cooling on 2 in Dynamic & Normal modes. So, maybe it's the warm weather that helping to keep the battery efficiency where expected???? Don't know but I'll be testing out the range more this coming week as I have a 110mi. round trip (highway) to a customer's and back planned for Wed, 12/5/18 so we'll see how that goes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6113.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	339.2 KB
ID:	723   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6115.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	725   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6114.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	727   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6112.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	729  
phil likes this.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

Last edited by sflgator; 12-02-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page