Jaguar I-Pace Is Just The Beginning - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Jaguar I-Pace Is Just The Beginning

Jaguar unveiled their new I-Pace concept at the 2016 L.A. Auto Show last month and it could be the first of a new range of electric vehicles from Jaguar.

Generally, Jaguar concepts closely resembles their production models and the I-Pace all-electric crossover should be no different. Unlike other electric vehicles already sold (BMW i3) the I-Pace concept model looks like a real vehicle, albeit with a few futuristic accents, and we’re expecting to see it released for the 2018 model year.

Matching its exterior, the concept model is said to be able to accelerate from 0-60mph in about 4 seconds and it’s equipped with a 90 kWh lithium-ion battery for an estimated range of 220 miles. That’s comparable to some of the long range EVs already in the market.

The first few electric models will be built at their production facility in Graz, Austria, but Jaguar wants to move production to Britain at some point in the future. Regarding the production shift, nothing is concrete at this point and all we have is a statement from Jaguar’s boss, Ralf Speth, on his plans to generate 10,000 jobs by the end of the decade if the brand's future EVs are built in the UK.

As for future models that may be added to the lineup, we could see sedan and coupe EVs as Jaguar is known for their two and four doors. Most likely an electric sedan will come before a coupe as that body style will appeal to the brand’s loyal customers.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 10:30 AM

Jaguar is going full throttle with electrification, they're planning to give the F-Type successor some kind of electric power train, most likely hybrid instead of pure electric. But these are exciting times for EV enthusiasts! I've just heard of this on autoweek. Next Jaguar F-Type will get an electrified powertrain

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page