Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Deposit on I-Pace

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  BigAlas 
#1 ·
Tell us about your experience when making a deposit and how long of a wait do you expect at your particular Dealership.

#2 ·
I made my deposit in 11/2016 and i´m the 4th at the local list. My dealer here in germany told me he will get only 5 cars at the first step.

So i think spring/summer 2018 could be reality!

Why Jaguar won't show the I-Pace at Frankfurt

Jaguar says it has over 25,000 confirmed orders for the I-Pace, with customers in big markets in Europe and the U.S. placing "four-figure" deposits, despite the not knowing the exact final price. That order book is almost two year's worth of production at Magna Steyr's contract manufacturing plant in Graz, Austria, where the I-Pace will be built based on capacity predictions from IHS Markit.

The I-Pace was unveiled as a concept at last year's Los Angeles auto show and is due to go on sale next spring/summer. The final version will not deviate very much from the concept, the company has said. JLR plans to reveal the production I-Pace early 2018.
Joerg

#6 ·
I placed my pre-order back in April. There was no fanfare and no cool document - just a simple receipt. I placed the order in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada and was told I am third on their list.

The failure to launch at Frankfurt is a bit of a blow which leaves one to wonder if the car has the ability to live up to the hype or perhaps its a bit of a mid course correction. My hope is the later given that Audi plans to beat the I-Pace to market with its E-Tron SUV on what appears to be a Q5 platform, and if the speculation is correct - it has a 95 KWH battery. Further Jaguar would have you believe that a 2 hour recharge rate is outstanding using a DC Fast Charger Level III - "not so much" (an estimated 50 KW/hour). Audi's corporate cousin, Porsche is touting a 15 minute recharge-rate on its Mission-E and Tesla's "Level IIII" Superchargers provide about 120 KW/hour which would get our I-Pace charged up and good to go - in 45 minutes. So my hope is that Jaguar will tweak their battery/charger-rate specs or at least offer enhanced capabilities as a reasonably priced option.

Clearly battery and charge-rate are a priority especially as the competition in the premium car models really heats up. I do take solace however, in spite of less than class leading specs, in the fact that the I-Pace is first and foremost a - BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle) which was designed as such, from the get-go and not a modified ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) vehicle like the Audi and Mercedes and to some extent the Teslas. Ian Callum designed the I-Pace and has beautifully embraced the design potential of a BEV. My BEV shortlist did include the Tesla Model X and as impressive as that car might be - the seats are the pits - they are awful. I cannot image draining the battery once in a day of driving, never mind trying for two, if I had to operate that vehicle from those seats. Jaguar will not make that mistake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.