Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

I-Pace headed for Australia

5K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  PinkJaguar 
#1 ·
Jaguar is planning to sell the new I-Pace in Australia with or without support from the Australian government in the form of cash-back incentives, tax discounts or registration fee reductions for zero-emission vehicles. They're still selling the I-Pace in 2018 to those of you down under because their competitors are going to do it and they wouldn't want to be left behind.

#4 ·
Australia is one of the most expensive places in the world to buy vehicles that wear a premium badge and no doubt the same would apply to the I-Pace. Poor guys down under, especially if there are no incentives at all.

Elsewhere, the MSRP is lower and most of the Governments seems to be all for cleaner cars with incentives and rebates.

#6 ·
Had to take a look at Australia's economy and holy cow they're one of the richest countries in the world. I can see why everything is taxed so heavily when they can afford it anyways. Maybe the I-Pace will sell like hot-cakes there with how unique it is and how little competition it currently has.

#12 ·
They'll change but not by that much. When looking towards the lower-end electric vehicles/hybrids, incentives make a much larger difference. When you're getting into this area and you're spending all of that money, it doesn't make that much of a difference.

Albeit, money saved is always good in my books. The more I save, the happier the wife is.

#13 ·
Feels good to save some money even though you can just outright purchase the I-Pace. The lack of government incentive won't really be a deterrent and Tesla sedans has been selling in countries without and rebates and they seem to be doing fine, so it shouldn't affect I-Pace buyers either.

Even if Jaguar doesn't move too many cars in Australia, they'll still sell some. Just look at the Jaguar XE, sure it may not be all electric but people were still buying the inflated sedan in Australia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.